Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Day at home

Gunnar is at such a great age where we do not have to wake up early with him for Christmas. We woke up at 9am to open presents because we had to be at Jeff's mom's house at 10am. The night before we had to deliver some presents to a less fortunate family in the ward, so after my parent's house we headed home to get the gifts. It was really late at night and I walked in and there is a sheet over something in my front room with a bow on it. I had Jeff come in really fast, telling him that there was something in the living room that was not there before. I could not figure out what it was but Jeff knew exactly what it was. Let's just say that my dad and Dan said that they had to get gas for the tractor while we were making dinner...



Christmas morning was pretty fun. Santa had gotten this used Little Tikes Wheelbarrow for outside really cheap in the summer. He LOVES this thing. Right now it is somewhere in the house full of his little treasures that he pushes around inside. His others gifts were inside of it when he found it.
Santa also brought him a hooded towel set as a lion. This thing is so cute. It haas little paws on the corners and a tail on the back.
He also got the movie Cars and a DoodlePro for church.
So what was under that sheet from Grandpa?

A professional Yamaha Jazz drum set. Okay so where is this thing supposed to go. I now have more motivation than ever to get my scrapbook room moved into the office and this thing moved into Gunnar's future bedroom. It is actually a perfect size for him. Much smaller than grandpa's but larger than a child's toy version. What 20 month old has a drum set? I can already see him in 2 grade. Friend: "I really want a drum set. That would be fun." Gunnar: "Oh, I got one of those when I was 20 months old. Want to come over." I wonder what next year will bring.

(Side note: Actually my dad got a super killer deal on it. The cymbal was thrown in for free which was $100+ alone, so really he could not pass it up. The really funny thing was that my mom did not know Christmas night until we were at another family party and she found out. The boys all knew prior to Christmas expect for Jeff and they were all sworn to secrecy that the girls and Jeff would not find out.)

1 clever remarks:

Amber H. said...

Holy Hannah...I had the same thought as that. Where in the world are you going to put those? I bet you are used to drums if your dad has a set, but the noise would make me crazy! I'm glad he likes it though...kind of a dream present for a little boy!