Saturday, July 26, 2008

All About Me

I have been tagged by my good friend Brittney.
How to play this game of tag: Post these rules on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
3 Joys
My family gives me the great joy. I just love them to pieces. Gunnar is just the cutest thing and for a 2 year old he really is a pretty good boy overall. I couldn't ask for better. Jeff is the most supportive, caring person. He always is thinking of others and that includes me.
Right now it is my garden. I am having so much fun going out there everyday and checking out the plants and what I get to pick that day. I am amazed at how well it is doing without very little effort. I thank Jeff for just going for it and arranging it with my dad to till up the grass. I was reluctant to change the yard because that is just how I am.
I love to sell the things that I create. It makes me happy. Not only do I have the skill to make scrapbook things for my own family but people actually want to buy them too. That amazes me.
3 Fears
I fear all of the time that someone I really care about will get in a bad accident or someone will die suddenly. It happened to Jeff's dad and it makes me really sad as we miss them a lot. I don't want that to happen to anyone else.
I really fear knives. I touch them and cut with them but overall I don't really like them. They freak me out. Then I start thinking about getting cut with them or stabbed and that really gets me going.
Spiders still get to me. When I was a kid, I used to put a jar or can over the spider on the ground that I found in my room. I couldn't and still can't bring myself to smashing it. Just the feeling of crushing it creeps me out. So my theory with the jar was that eventually it would lose oxygen in there and die. It works and the jar would be there for a long time until I decided to check it.
3 Goals
I would love to consistantly sell my things on Etsy. I really like that site and working with all of the great buyers on there.
Too find a great deal on a small front tine rototiller for my garden. When I set my mind to buying something, I do so much research and become a little obsessed with it until I find a great deal on what I am looking for. Right now it is the rototiller.
To raise a righteous young man and future children. This parenting thing can be hard but very rewarding too.
3 Current Obsessions/Collections
Digital scrapbooking would have to be on the top of the list. Thanks to my friend Amber, she had to introduce me to it and pique my curiosity. I love the fact that you can find most anything for free, create a page, and still have it printed for less than it would cost for a sticker sheet. And then to think about how the same things to make that one page can be used over and over again makes me happy.
Okay, so maybe the rototiller up top should have been an obssession because it sure has become both. Oh, and my garden proabably should have been down here too.
Right now I am preparing for a Craft Boutique in Idaho Falls. I don't physically have to be there but my stuff sure needs to be. I was approached through Etsy about this boutique and decided to give it a try. She told me what she liked out of the things that I make and some of the trends that they have noticed from years past and I took it from there. I have to have all things done by the middle of this week. The lady told me that most people end up getting about 20 additional sales after the fair. I really hope that happens to me. So anyway, I have collections of burp cloths, wooden frames and band aid tins all over my craft room. Jeff is working on granite trivets and coasters. Maybe one of my fears right now is that nothing really sells. I should have put that up there. The fair is August 9th, so we will have to wait and see how things go. I am really excited about it though.
3 Random Surprising Facts About Myself
I do not really like the mountains. I would much rather be found on a beach somewhere.
I love to weed. Growing up sometimes we would have a choice to weed or clean the house. Heidi was always found in the house and I would rather be in the garden weeding.
For a summer in high school I worked for a local plant nursery. I loved that job and the people I worked for were the nicest. I became so good at knowing the botanical names of the plants that even my mom was quite impressed.

Now I get to tag 5 people:
really whoever wants to do this. It was quite fun as we rarely get to really talk about ourselves.

2 clever remarks:

Zoe said...

I love to learn more about people! I could have written your three fears word for word! how weird!

Amber H. said...

LOL! It's suprising to me how similar we are in different things. I am the exact same way with spiders and knives! I either get out my spray and DROWN them with it, or I put a jar over them plus 10 books so they can't tip it over! I have always been scared of knives too and used to hide them before I would go to bed when I was a kid. My mom was always asking me where her knives were! I also get obsessed with researching things out and finding out every detail of it before I buy, so there is another similarity with us. And finding a great deal is a MUST! Good luck with your craft fair, I hope it all works out wonderfully!