Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mindy's Hairpiece

So I was put in charge by my sisters to design Mindy's hairpiece. They found many really neat samples online and decided that I needed to recreate one. I decided to search on Etsy for inspiration and ran across the designer of the one that they really liked but found on another website. Here is a link to her shop on Etsy. You will be blown away. Her stuff is just stunning. So here is the little piece that I put together.

It is attached to an alligator clip. The feathers will be on the back of her head. They will sort of curve around it. I pieced the flower together with tulle and some sort of brownish ribbon. I took apart a creamy colored flower and used the green leaves that were on the bottom on the top instead. I then added the glass beads in the middle. Lace and guinea feathers were also used sparingly.

I really like how it turned out and can't wait to see it on her. Sorry for the horrible pictures.

2 clever remarks:

Amber H. said...

It looks so good Kristi! Good job! It will go perfect with her style of dress. I can't wait to see pictures of it all after it's over. Your pictures look great BTW ;o)

Camille said...

It's beautiful! I bet she will look lovely.