Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

My aunt called tonight and directed me to this amazing neuroanatomist who suffered a severe stroke and completely recovered to be able to give amazing insight. I am really interested in reading her book and hopefully getting a glimpse as to what my mom may be feeling. Some of you may have seen her on Oprah.

My aunt has also organized a huge fast this next Sunday for my mom. All are welcome to participate. It will begin Saturday at 7pm and end Sunday at 7pm.

4 clever remarks:

Rachel said...

Ok, so I was totally going to suggest/borrow from the library/buy that book for you! But I wasn't sure if that would be insensitive, presumptuous or something.... Guess I'll know better next time!

If you want to get it from the library, the Caldwell branch doesn't have a copy, but can get it for you within a week or so!

I saw her on Oprah! She was awesome! I think that reading that book would give you an idea of what's going on in your mom's mind and body right now.

Stacey said...

I just read about what happened to your mom. I hope you are all hanging in there. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that she continues to improve and can come home and be closer to family.

The Elders said...

i saw this lady on tv about 2 months ago and then my sister, who is a nurse, said that her and her doctor (the one she works for) watch this lady when they have free time during work. An amazing story that gives great insight on the side of a stroke victim.

Brittney said...

I too saw her on Oprah and it was so very interesting to hear about what someone goes through. It has got to be so hard, sad and frusterating. It was really neat to hear her story. You really need to get your hands on that book for you and your family so you can understand even more how your mom is feeling and what she is going through, especially if this is going to be a long process. It sounds like your dad is getting really frustereated and needs loving people around him. Hopefully they'll be home soon for everyones sake! I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!