Thursday, December 25, 2008

Last night Mindy and Heidi were at the hospital to sit with my mom. We get a call from Mindy with excitement because my mom was being especially alert. They were telling her about the day and funny things that Gunnar was saying or doing. They told her about the truck that made the huge u-turn and what Gunnar said. She started laughing. Something that we had yet to really see. She also got really excited about knowing that we printed pictures for her. However they forgot them. Heidi was also reading Marley and Me to my mom and she would laugh a little throughout. She was also trying to say things. Pretty exciting. When they got home, Jeff and my dad headed to the hospital. My dad walked in and announced that he had pictures. We printed a really great picture of my parents off from Brent's wedding in an 8x10. My mom immediately grabbed for it and held it up to her face to look at it. She also looked through the little album with my dad and then went back to resting. So exciting! My dad called excited and then told my mom that I could talk to her. He put the phone up to her ear and she was really trying to get sounds out. It was so exciting and good to hear. Today we are going to have Gunnar talk to her over the phone if she is in the same alertness. Gunnar will really like that. We are hoping that she is in a great mood today. I will post updates...

4 clever remarks:

The Elders said...

This is so great to hear. Your mom is so great and hearing these things really give comfort to us all. Let us know more when you can. Take care!

JT42 said...

I am so glad to hear that she is making great strides!! You are in our constant prayers and thoughts. So, you are still in CA? when will you be home? do they know when they can transport your mom closer to home? sorry for all the questions...just curious :)

Brittney said...

Glad to hear about the improvements with her! Hopefully that is just a glimpse of more to come! I am praying for you and your mother. I know you will feel strength because of this. Keep supporting your mom and hopefully you'll all be home soon!

Janna said...

Oh Kristi! I know how hard this can be. I'm so sorry. I'll keep your mom in my prayers.