Monday, December 22, 2008

Please say a little prayer for us

As many of you know, we went to Sacramento California for my brothers wedding on Thursday. We got in early, so we had plently of time to hang out and get ready for the wedding the next day. Friday the wedding was beautiful. It was in the Sacramento Temple which is incredible. We are all so happy for them. Saturday, we all headed for San Francisco for the day. We had so much fun walking around and spending time together. The weather was absolutely beautiful. It could not have been better after the rainy/windy weather that we have been having.

Sometime during the morning/night my 46 year old mother suffered a severe ischemic stroke in the hotel. The entire day yesterday has been an absolute shock and hell really. There are so many things that we don't understand. It is still a little unbelievable. We are far from home which makes it difficult but there have been so many blessings that we have been able to identify. We are all taking it one hour at a time. It has felt like this has happened weeks ago but in reality we are only going on day one. We were supposed to head home today but have changed plans to the end of the week. My mom will be in the hospital for an undetermined amount of time. We can not wait to transport her to Boise, closer to home. We are already looking forward to her arrival and recovery. Her support system back home is tremendous. And we all need that, especially my mom.

My mom is a very strong, faithful, indepedant person. Through her roller coaster of challenges, she has already displayed tremendous amounts of determination. Determination to communicate, to get better, to move, to be with us again. We love her sooo much! We greatly miss her laugh, her smile, her caringness for everyone, her talks, her advice. We discovered quickly that she has been our go to person. She just knows everything! We are all ready for the long road ahead. We can't wait to have her back with us. We would love all prayers on her behalf. She needs every single one. Even just those that are thoughts for her on your heart. We have already witnessed positive signs that can not explain themselves. We were blessed to have all 4 siblings and spouses and Gunnar together. We are especially greatful that my dad was here, back from Iraq. We have been greatly blessed. I know that for sure!

13 clever remarks:

Camille said...

Kristi, I'm so sorry you're family is going through this! Your mom will definately be in my prayers. I'm so glad to hear your dad is there. (hugs)

The Elders said...

We pray that all of God's blessings will be with Robyn and all of the family during this time. Mark and I are constantly praying and thinking of you all. We send all of our love!

JT42 said...

I am so sorry to hear that your family is going through this just before the holidays. I am glad to hear you are all there to support her and that your dad is home! My prayers are with you and your family!!

The Hemming's said...

Kristi I am so sorry that this has happened. When I found out, it broke my heart.Please, PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help you guys out. My Family is at your service. We love you guys and we will continue to pray for you.

Rachel said...

Oh no! I'm glad that you are all together! You'll be in our prayers!

Kimberly said...

Oh Kristi, I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this and especially not close to home! I will definately have you on my mind and in my prayers. All I can think about is your mom's laugh. It's so contagious! That would definately be something I would miss.

Brandon and Katee said...

Jeff, Kristi and Gunnar, you are in our prayers and know that our thoughts are with you as well. If there is ANYTHING that you need don't hesitate to call, we are here no matter what. It's times like this that the gospel means so much. We love you and hope all keeps looking positive.

The Woods said...

You know your mom is like a second mom to me so I will be thinking and praying for her. Keep me updated on her. Send Heidi my love too.

Amber H. said...

What a horrible thing to happen right now, especially being away from home and it being Christmas! I'm so sorry for you guys! That is just insane. I hope she will recover quickly and yes, she will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to all of you.

KayLynn Durham said...

I am sorry to hear about this especially right before the holidays! She is a fighter and I know that Heavenly Father is watching over her and your family! She is a very helpful person especially to our family just recent! We are praying for your family and for her to come home soon!

Love the Gaunavinaka Family

Anonymous said...

Kristi, your family is in our prayers we love you guys so much especially Robin. If there is any thing you need, a sitter for Gunnar, a meal for a friend to talk to I'm here please call. We're in this with you for the long haul. Love Shannon Tucker and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kristy and family,
We cannot tell you how much Robin has done for us. With her encouragement and wonderful words, her sweet spirit has lifted us. We wish we could be there with you and your family! We know she is in the Lord's hands and is with you all. Our prayers are continually being sent your way! Let us know what we can do for you! We are in your service here and will do anything you need done.
Love Gwen Openshaw and Krisene Watson

Hannah said...

We love your family so much and your family is in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do something for your family.