Monday, September 14, 2009

Reeses Monster

A few weeks ago the coupon inserts had two great coupons for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. One of them making for free regular sized packages and the other making for super (really super) cheap 8 packs. I was able to get 8 regular packages and 4 8-packs. We stuck them in the freezer for an extended treat or a great topping for all of my free icecream. I tell ya, Jeff and Gunnar loved those things.

Our first run in with the Reeses monster was when Jeff found Gunnar in his room with wrappers all over the place, the dog and a really happy Gunnar. He proudly proclaimed and he and Kaika ate all of the Reeses. It was a lot. It was, like, 7 individual cups. I was pretty upset. Jeff told me that I was more upset that he ate my Reeses more than just eating them in general. Yep he was right.

Last week the Reeses monster attacked again. Jeff and I were working furiously on his bedroom again. Jeff asked where Gunnar went. I wasn't sure. I saw a streak towards the living room couch. Sure enough he had a Reeses cup, shoved it in the cushion and stared at me. I immediately ate the rest of the cup and discovered that there were about 8 cups worth of wrappers shoved in the cushions. How long had he been doing this!? Again I was so ticked that he ate the Reeses more than hiding them. I probably got a total of 5 throughout their stay in our house. He later told Jeff that he wakes up and eats them. I wonder how true that is. Regardless, he had been doing something for a while now. I headed to the freezer to see what was left. One lonely Reeses left. I grabbed it and opened it right in front of Gunnar. He wanted it so badly but he wasn't going to get it. I popped it into my mouth and considered it revenge.

7 clever remarks:

Hannah said...

That is way to funny! We definately have a few treat monsters in our home. Faith can sniff out any sweet in the house and have it gone in minutes, no matter where the hiding place is.

Rachel said...

I'd be pretty ticked too!!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my gosh that is HILARIOUS!!!!! That is the BEST story!

Brittney said...

I wish you had picts! Just wait until he's older and you deep clean his room and find TONS of wrappers under his bed. I always wondered why my kids keep getting cavaties! Now I know!

Amber H. said...

Ha ha ha! You have to love the sneakiness of kids. I bet he thought he was the sneakiest guy on the block...until he got caught that is! I love that you ate the last one in front of him!

Beth said...

LOL!!!! This story is hilarious!!

I agree, just wait, it just gets better as they get older, you will be shocked about the things you will find in his closet and under his bed when he is a teenager!

My mother in law tells a funny story about my husbands sneakiness with spoons full of pnut butter she lost almost an entire set of spoons from her silverware and never found them until they moved 30 years later behind the freezer in the garage! Can you imagine? Gross! But funny!

HeidiT said...

Totally doesn't surprise me coming from your child. What a sneaky little boy! Except for when he asked me if I wanted ice cream out of grandma's freezer and then when I questioned him as to how he was going to get it he proceeded to show me how he can move the ladder to reach it and "gets them by myself ALL the time." He didn't try to deny that one at all!