Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bend Oregon

Right now we are in Bend Oregon where Jeff has a work conference for the next three days. Since gas, his food, and lodging are all paid for, Gunnar and I decided to tag along. Plus I have a dear friend that I used to work with at Idaho Association for the Education of Young Children (IdahoAEYC) move here a couple years back that I am so excited to see again. I just love her dearly so she was a big motivation to come. We are staying in these resorts that offer many levels of lodging. Ours is a one room/bathroom type hotel place amongst normal condos and house type rentals. It is so interesting because on the outside it totally looks like a large condo but our hotel room is a small place. Heidi and Mindy will understand when I say that it totally looks like a Trendwest sort of place but just imagine a normal hotel room. Pretty cool actually. It is set up in the trees. Quite pretty. We arrived at about 6pm Oregon time and decided we needed to find dinner. We headed to the Old Mill District and Red Robin. We then walked around for a while along the river and then went in search of a gas station and milk. We found a Fred Meyer. During this entire time it felt like we were going in circles...seeing the same roads over and over. This week, Jeff attends the conference quite a bit so we are on our own. Gunnar and I hope to meet up with my friend, visit the thrift stores around, go to a kid play place called Bouncing Off the Walls to burn energy and go to the many playgrounds around. We are excited. I hope to share pictures soon but I have got to get sleep. It is already 12:15am!

4 clever remarks:

Mindy said...

I went to that exact Red Robin when I was there. Next to it is the Les Shwabb ampitheatre where I saw a concert at. Have fun looking around. P.S. Your dog is nuts but a really good boy! His tail knocks everything down! And Malu and Diesel were playing ALL day and I just let them out and are at it again! They don't stop. Diesel did really good sleeping in the big crate last night.

Danielle said...

Awesome--I love business trips that are paid for! Lucky you guys get to join him! Have fun!!!

Megan and Greg said...

In search of milk- you're definitely an Idahoan. I can't believe you're in Oregon. It sounds so close, even though it isn't. Actually I have NO idea how far Bend is from here. All my times are screwed up now that I'm in a new place. Bouncing off the walls is a cool name. I hope you have a fun time with Gunnar.

Brent Orton said...

It sounds like you are having a great adventure! PS - My kids love the tree roots Gunner is sitting by in your photo! Where were you at for that photo?