Monday, May 10, 2010

Our Fun Mini Pond

Blogs are hilarious. It gets pretty bad when your husband and dad both tell you to get the camera so you can post about something on your blog. Jeff is always making comments about posting things on the blog (sarcastically) and I usually joke back about how I will.
Anyway, last month was a doozy for us. I was super sick with a really bad flu, days later Gunnar got it, and then days later Jeff got it. It was aweful but thankfully we had it all at different times or it would have been bad. The day Jeff was sick, I was kind and did some of the boy things around the house. We had just gotten fertilizer for the yard and it showed signs of rain, so we wanted to get it spread. I ran out there and got it all finished and then asked Jeff how hard it would be to turn on the sprinklers. He told me not that hard and went out to show me what to do. It was bad! Things were going all wrong and before you know it, we had a mini pond of cold water in our front yard. The water would not stop flowing and we couldn't see to turn it off. Eventually a little plastic thing floated up and Jeff mentioned how that was a verybad thing. It ment that the valve had broken and the water would not shut off. We had been working for about 1.5 hours to try and get it shut off up to that point. Ren even stopped by to help but we eventually had to call the water company to shut our water off. That also meant all water to the house. Jeff was seriously sick that entire day and then had to deal with this at 5pm. We headed to my parents so Jeff could take a shower and we could get water. Not fun at all. Ren said that he would be by to help fix it the next day after school around 6pm. My dad offered to help fix it the next day in the morning. So that is what they did. Within about an hour, things were fixed and we had water by 10am.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am so foever thankful for handy people in the family. It amazes me how much handiness we have in just my family alone. Everyone offers something to the pool of skills. With 10 of us, someone is bound to know something. It has saved all of us money which is nice, plus it just feels good to help each other out. I am so thankful that my dad was willing to help and offer us some of the parts that he had. I am actually glad that this happened before he left for another year. It was a fun mess. Ren would have been able to help but I am not sure that we could have waited until 6pm with a totally sick person and a pregnant person. Not fun. It is now fixed and good to go, hopefully for a long time. Now we just need to fix the one sprinkler that Jeff ran over last week and the tall flowerbed one that Jeff stepped on. It never ends.

1 clever remarks:

Brittney said...

Kristi, you do realize that is what my husband does for a living and he would have had no problem coming over and getting it taken care of the day of so you didn't have to go all night without water! Life has always got something to throw out! Hopefully all is well but if something happens again please call!