Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shocker!


The biggest shocker while I was in Utah was Project Bathroom Redo. When we pulled up in the afternoon, Jeff was working on projects with one of our friends. Okay...so we started unpacking. As I went through the house I started noticing random things out of place. The biggest was that a whole lot of bathroom stuff was lining the walls of the hallway. I also thought the house smelled a little different but couldn't put my finder on it. Jeff finally ushered my mom and I to our bathroom. It was crazy. It was completely painted, the cabinet was painted, the accent wall was tiled as well as the countertops. Jeff was starting the floor. I was really too exhausted to react like I should have apparently. We had dinner at our friends that night and they were bummed that I didn't have a bigger reaction. I was tired. The drive is long. What can I say.

Some may think it is crazy that he did that but he knew exactly what I wanted. I had already bought the paint, the sink has been bought long ago (did I ever right about that crazy story?), we had the floor and wall tile for a long time now, and Jeff knew what I wanted for the cabinets. The thing is, we talk about our ideas a ton and I have a habit of researching thing until they can't be researched anymore for the best deals/ways to do it, whatever. So by the time the project comes around, it just needs to be executed. I even bought the shower curtain that I love in Bend this year.

I am so excited to see it all come together. As of this writing, it is still not done. The floor is the last big thing before all of the details come together. We bought a faucet that we liked at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago. I researched other options on Ebay and found that exact faucet for $20 cheaper and that included shipping. I returned the other and bought the one from Ebay saving us money. Jeff plans on working on that floor this weekend. I am so excited when it all comes together and of course I will post pictures. Oh ya, Jeff has before pictures on his cell phone. I had the camera so he couldn't take any that way. Once I figure out how to get them off...

How could I seriously not mention my siblings. It would be SO rude of me to forget them. Jeff sent out a text message to Heidi, Ren, Mindy and Rillz asking if they would be willing to help and they were. Man did they do TONS of work. I was blown away. Ren painted the entire bathroom by himself. Jeff has a really cute picture on his phone of Cami sitting in the tub while the work progressed. Mindy and Rillz painted my bedroom wall that desperately needed it and ended up spending the night to continue helping. Mindy said that she was the work crew cook. I know that without my siblings, this project would not be where it is right now. I also had to laugh because Jeff doesn't paint. When I told him that, he mentioned my siblings help. He did paint the cabinet so I was impressed.

3 clever remarks:

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, what an amazing family you have. You are all always helping each other! And in amazing ways!

HeidiT said...

Can't wait to see the final product! I was sad I couldn't be much help, turns our Cami doesn't cooperate well when she has an ear infection --oops, I thought she was just being stubborn and didnt want to nap in Breckie's bed!

Mindy said...

Poor Cami. She tried hard to be nice though. I have pictures on my camera of everyone helping. I will have to e-mail them to you.