Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I LOVE a good deal

I just love getting a good deal. The cheaper the better for something that would have cost much more. Lately it has been turning into such a game.

Friday Gunnar and I needed to run a few errands. I have been needing black non-see-through footless tights for hula performances. These are everywhere but they are usually a little opaque. Heidi got some at Kohls so I thought that we would try there. We first headed for Target and I did not find anything there (I was later told I looked in the wrong section). So we headed to Kohls. I found the tights but all opaque. Laying on the ground underneath the opaque ones, there was a pair that would work perfectly. They were not in a package, did not have tags attached, and did not even have a namebrand label on the inside. They were pretty unidentifiable. I found someone that worked there and asked her where I might find these for me. She told me to check athletics and juniors to find something similar. I asked her if I would be able to buy these at a reduced cost. She told me to tell that to the cashier when I checked out. So Gunnar and I started our search through the store for these. We could not find anything. I really went to the store to just price out tights. No intentions of buying anything. I just needed to find out what I needed to save to get them. Now that I had the opportunity to get these dirt cheap, I figured I better get them. I went up to the counter and told the girl my story. She called the store manager and he said to charge me for something similar. She told him that there was nothing similar. He then told her to call the lady in that department for something similar. The same lady that helped me earlier walked up and told the cashier that there was nothing similar. She called the manager back and said that he would be right down. I don't think that he believed anyone. He said it looked like athletics and walked off with them. I think that he was sure that he could find them and that we were all crazy. A little while later he walked back with some shorts and said to charge me the price of them. He too could not find anything. So the big price that you have been waiting for...he charged me $2.86 (that includes tax) for them. You can not believe how ecstatic I was about this!!! I just had to call both my sisters over this.

The other great deal that I ran across was last month. I started buying Gunnar's Christmas pajamas after Christmas for the next year. You can get them so incredibly cheap and worth saving them for the year. They don't know whether they were that years pattern or not (and who really cares). We needed to go to Michaels and Old Navy was next door. I thought that I would look for PJ's. They had one pair of 2T left for boys (of course lots for girls). They were marked $6.99. I thought that I could handle that. That is what I paid for lasts years. When I got up to the cashier, they rang up for $2.98. I was SOOO excited!!!!

Love a bargain!

4 clever remarks:

Kimberly said...

So, I couldn't help but think that someone didn't want their old tights, took them off, and put on new ones! That's nasty! hahaha

Kristi M. said...

I actually thought of that but they looked brand new with the package creases and everything. The sales lady was thinking that they were a catalog return. They have seen this happen before. That is pretty funny though.

Shelley said...

We all love bargain prices! You're so lucky! :)

Amber H. said...

I am so with you on this one! I am totally a bargain shopper and love that you found some good deals! Good job!