Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Projects finally completed

I completely love church Enrichment Nights, except for the times they involve projects and I don't get them done. In December we were doing vinyl lettering projects and of course I signed up for one. That night we had a bunch of other things going on so the sign was a small portion of the things going on. I looked at the colors that were offered and did not find something that would look good in my house. The typical navys or maroons that a lot of others were using just would not work. I thought of a brown but then I have light brown walls. I took it home and ever since have been thinking of a color to use. I finally found it! It is called Avocado Dip and I knew that I would rub it with a dark walnut stain so it would not be as bright as it looked. Here is the final product. I LOVE it and feel that it turned out really well.

I am not sure if you can see the effect that the stain had on it. I sanded the edges and then rubbed in and wiped off the stain everywhere. Just love it!
This project was done some time ago, but I love it too. This is in my dining area. I bought a 1920ish magazine for $5 at a yard sale. It had these awesome ads in it. So I ripped them out and framed them. They are quite funny. Things are just so different now. I bought cheap black Walmart frames and there you go. It really makes a statement.

6 clever remarks:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Camille said...

Cute Kristi! I love the way your vinyl board came out. The green is fantastic.

Amber H. said...

I love that board! The colors wouldn't match anything in my house, but I think it turned out great! Good job :o)

Brandon and Katee said...

I am thinking maybe I need to come to you for decorating ideas. Those turned out so cute!

DeeDee said...

I really like the green and walnut. :) Can you decorate my dining room? ;)

nateandcole said...

I really like your dining room decor. What a good idea to get them out of an old magazine. YOur board is cute too. What room did you end up putting them in?