Thursday, March 20, 2008

Could a potty trained toddler be in our future soon?

The last couple of weeks, Gunnar has insisted on sitting on the potty. He always tells us after the fact, so really he is just sitting there trying to hang on for dear life (we have yet to buy a little seat). We go through the motions of taking off the pants and then the diaper to only have nothing happen. He does not quite understand that he is supposed to tell me before hand. I am just actually thrilled that he is even talking about it. He will be two next month and boys are supposed to be interested, in like, years from now. He then jumps off and claps and cheers for himself. I was talking to my mom about it and she said that none of us kids ever showed interest in the potty. So I am taking this as a good sign.


Jeff and I were talking about it last night and he reminded me of the time that he was in Home Depot and, let's say, he went potty where he was not supposed to. In the store they had the displays of toilet seats and covers on this rotating display. Jeff picked up the lid on one and went pee. This entire time I thought that he went the bathroom in one of the completely redone bathrooms and it was a whole toilet. Nope it was just the lid and cover. Not like this new found information really changes the funniness of the story. I can just see his mom completely mortified...well any mom for that matter. Don't worry, he was just a little kid and not a pre-teen when this happened. Can't wait for all of the "fun" this potty training thing will bring.

3 clever remarks:

Amber H. said...

LOL! That story about Jeff is too funny! Good luck if you start to potty train! It's SO hard, but so nice when it's done!

Camille said...

Oh my word! That's so funny about Jeff! I hope my kids never do that. I would be mortified!

Trenton & Maren said...

Good luck with potty training. It is a complete joy, when it's all said and DONE!!

Also, we have decided, like many of you, to make our blog private. If you would like to continue checking in on our site, email us at mkjenks@juno.com and let us know your email so we can add you to our invite list. Thanks! Hope you are all doing well.