Friday, April 4, 2008

Jeff Where Are You?

So really I did not even think of putting this story on here until my sister said that I should write it down somewhere. On Monday for Family Home Evening, the weather was great so we decided (or rather Jeff decided) that we really needed to clean up the backyard a little from the winter. Gunnar was having the time of his life pushing around the Cozy Coupe car and the Little Tikes Wheelbarrow or trying to help us. For the winter, we had a ladder propped up against the side of our flatroofed patio. We would go up there to clean the snow off the roof or the sky lights. We never took it down. Prior to Monday, Jeff caught Gunnar about a 3rd of the way up the ladder. On Monday I was sick of doing yard work so I went inside and was sitting on the couch when all of a sudden I see a little Gunnar standing on top of the skylight, he waves down at me and runs off. Jeff used to wave to us when he was up there so Gunnar did the exact same thing to me. Then I hear heavy toddler feet running all over the roof, from one end to the next. What!? Jeff would never, ever allow anyone to run on the roof AND why was Gunnar up there anyway. I walk to the sliding door and yell to Jeff in the backyard, "Hey Jeff, where are you?!" He yells back to me in a completely random part of the yard. I then yell to him that Gunnar is up on the roof by himself. Jeff, I swear, crossed the yard in about 2 leaps. He was then up the ladder in a flash. He caught Gunnar headed up one of the peaks of our roof. We laugh at this now but it could have ended very badly. We immediately took the ladder down from the roof. My dad now teases me that he has all of his ladders set up at his house for Gunnar to play on when he goes over there. Funny dad! During this entire thing, I was actually pretty calm. Good to know for future situations. Sorry no pictures. Wasn't thinking straight to get any. :)

6 clever remarks:

Shelley said...

WOW! That is scary! I bet you two came close to a heart attack when you saw him on the roof!

The Woods said...

Heidi told me this story tonight and I died laughing. I wonder what goes through kids' minds?

Camille said...

Wow Kristi... sounds like Gunner is going to keep you pretty busy this summer. At least he's not afraid of heigths! My kids ALWAYS climb the ladders too, but it's just an 'A' frame, so it's not like they actually go anywhere.

The Hemming's said...

Wowee, that sounds scary!It is amazing how smart these little guys are.I would have been having a heart attack! About Thursday, Josh needs to check and see if he has any appointments that night, what time were you thinking?Also,when we are together for dinner will you show me how to do a few things on Etsy?

Amber H. said...

Holy Hannah, it's so good it turned out fine! I had a boyfriend in high school who's cousin was named Gunnar and he was the craziest son of a gun I ever knew. It sounds like your little guy is on his way to being the same way! LOL! I'm glad you found him before anything bad happened!

Brittney said...

OMG!! Kristi I don't think I would have calmly called out to Jeff, I think I would have been scraminb like a mad woman! I would have paid good money to see Jeffs' reaction to that!! LOL!! I am glad Jeff got to him before anything bad happended. One of those little blessings we are blessed enough to have, a little gardian angel!