Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Scrap Studio

I really wanted to take pictures of my space when I got it more organized. I moved it from a large bedroom to part of our large office. I just needed the push to organize and purge many of my unused things and this was it. I really like it in here. The large windows looking out to our backyard are great and bring in a lot of light. I hope you like it.
This is my little shipping area. To the right of this photo is a large bookshelf seperating the two sides of the built in desk area. The other side is exactly identical to this side. We have the computer on the other side. This area is usually much more cluttered than this. Of course it was cleaned for the photo shoot.
This is on the corner of my desk. It has been one of my great finds. It is actually used for plates in a cupboard. It is supposed to lay flat but I put it up like this for my projects. The sides are nice and tall so that the paper does not flop over. This is why I liked it. I found it at Ross in town.I always watch TV when I scrapbook. I got this fantastic desk from my parents when they got a new one. It has this nice built up shelf in the corner. Perfect for the TV. Next to it is my Cricut. To the left is my light box for dry embossing things. On the wall is a corkboard. I really like to put embellishments up there that I don't want to forget about.This is the far left side of my desk. My sewing machine is super handy there. I will be talking about the things on the wall later. I was not sure how to store my paper and I had a bunch of these wire storage units left from my other room. So I downsized them and zip-tied the extra panels to the cube for dividers. I then put brown cardboard in between the solid and patterned papers. On the bottom are my spare albums and page protectors, etc.In our previous house, we had a bunch of the cabinet organizers. I took them with me. My cupboards here already had a bunch installed so what can one do with them. I screwed them into the wall and put little things in them. I have way more ribbon than this. It is wrapped around clothespins and put into one of the canvas baskets on the shelf.There is so much here. It could have been organized prettier but I didn't have to spend any money of any of this. I just found ways to work with what I have. All of my smaller albums and idea books/magazines are on the bottom shelf. The white basket holds all of my craft paints. One of those striped baskets has all of the ribbon in it. The black metal tin holds my acrylic stamps. I love that there are doors here. The bottom is obviously my 8.5x11 and smaller paper in clear holders. Everything else is just the random stuff that everyone has.This organizer is underneath my desk on the left side. I have a drawer for Gunnar stuff, and then other themed projects. It fits all 12x12 stuff.Underneath on this side are these tubs that I got from Walmart really cheap. All of my themed papers/embellishments are in these clear storage things and labeled. They fit so perfectly in these tubs. I love it.This organizer is the greatest. My good friend Monica Scott bought this for me as a house warming gift when we moved. She has sinced moved herself to Illinois. Honestly it was in its original box until recently. I had no idea where to put it. It can also be arranged vertically. I didn't have a wall that it would work on. Finally I found the spot, above my desk. The top left basket has all of my Cricut stuff in it. The top right one has all of my Making Memories rubons in it. The bottom one has envelopes in it for handmade cars and the right one is pictures. I have had this pretty much since we were married. I think that I got it at Ross too about 7 years ago. It did not serve a usefull purpose at this house so I moved it into my studio. It now holds all of my essential items. It is so handy. I love it and it is nicely nearby. The little key hooks on the bottom hold my photo sqaures or corners.
That is a little peek at my Studio and where I create. I hope you enjoyed.

8 clever remarks:

Amanda said...

Wow! I love your scrapbook studio and I am very jealous. I am going to make it my goal to have something like that. I do most of my projects at the kitchen table. Yours looks more organized and a lot more fun!

Shelley said...

Love your scrap space! and look at all the papers you have, I'm drooling over them. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...is my wedding album anywhere in that studio? :)

Shauna said...

Wow! What a work space. I'm totally jealous! I love being organized too..it makes all the difference. You have a ton of stuff, how long have you been scrapbooking?

mandbrid said...

LOVE it Kristi!

Amber H. said...

Looks like you've created a great area for yourself Kristi! Good job! It looks GREAT!!

Kris Berc said...

WOW you have a lot of space!! I am so jealous! Thanks for showing it!

Brittney said...

That looks GREAT!! Oh, Monica is in Indiana for the record. HAHA! You have totally inspired me to find something to do with mine. I still haven't hung mine up at this house. I probably won't, but I still have it! I love it too! Nice space, I want to come over and mess it up!