Monday, August 4, 2008

Preparing for Christmas



The other day I was searching craigslist for Little Tikes stuff. I am always doing that. You just never know what will pop up. The search netted this great little kitchen set. I have been contemplating whether or not to get Gunnar one. And if I did, it would be the older party kitchen. That is what I grew up with so it just brings back memories. The best part of this ad was that it also had the hutch. It was all for $30. The lister had just posted it 30 minutes prior so I emailed. It was still available. I emailed it to Jeff at work and he was all for it and suggested we save it for Christmas. What a great idea! When I pulled up to the ladies house, I was on the phone with my mom. She was teasing me about whether or not Jeff knew that I was getting Gunnar a kitchen for Christmas. I did get him a boy Cabbage Patch kid his first Christmas so you never know with me. I told her Jeff was all for it. She then told me that it was actually a really good idea and she wished that other families would get their little boys kitchens. There is nothing wrong with it. Anyway, this set was in fantastic condition. It even had the phone, coffee pot and the shelves still with it. Pretty amazing. Gunnar is pretty much set for Christmas. I've learned that kids don't always have to have brand new to be happy.

1 clever remarks:

Amber H. said...

That's awesome! I always love a great bargain...especially one in such great condition! A few years ago for Christmas I bought Felicity a leap pad off of craig's list and gave it to her for Christmas. She LOVED it! It's true what you said, they don't know the difference between new or used, so why not try to find the best bargain you can? I also love that you gave him a cabbage patch doll...awesome!