Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What a surprise!

My parents lawnmower just completely died. It was smoking all over when I was mowing and it was just dead. So my dad had another John Deere delivered and kept telling me that he had a present for Gunnar. I knew that he had stuff coming in the mail and it never occurred to me that something would be coming with the mower. To my surprise, Gunnar got his very own John Deere Gator for Grandpa and Grandma's house. It is the cutest thing ever and looks exactly like the bigger one that my parents have. The bed of it even tilts and it goes in reverse too. Like everything else, Gunnar does not show emotion when he is very serious but I know that he loves it. Heidi and I buckled him up and he was ready to go. He really doesn't fully understand how to operate it. He pushes the pedal, get the thing going and goes in a circle. He forgets to steer. He wanted me to get in there with him. Little did he know that the seat next to him only fit one of my bum cheeks. That was in. So he settled on a monkey puppet as a companion but he had to be in the very back. He only ran into the flower bed curbing, the garage door wall, and garbage cans once. I think that he is improving. We tried to get him to practice so that he could show Grandma how good he was but I think that we yelled at him too much to stop when he got close to something that he got mad and started crying. It was kind of sad but he sure looks great in his Gator.
Thank you Papa! We love it!

4 clever remarks:

mandbrid said...

What a gift! That's awesome...he's going to have so much fun driving that around. Hope you can keep up with him!

Orton Family said...

He looks like he is ready for anything now! That was a very sweet gift - I know that as he gets the hang of the tractor he will just love it! Cute Photos!

grandma H. said...

What a spoiled rotten little kid. Doesn't his grandpa know that we are the ones living day in and day out with the little speed deamon! :)

Hannah said...

How cute! He looks great and right at home in his tractor.