Monday, November 10, 2008

Holiday Frenzy is Upon Me

Holy Smoly! I can tell that the holiday season is fast approaching. I have sooo many things swirling in my head that I need to do before Christmas that it almost paralyzes me just thinking about it. Paralyzing me to do nothing because I sometimes don't know where to start. Just to give you an idea, this month is the month to buy my advent calendars on Etsy. December doesn't really make sense. October people were barely starting to think about it and the beginning of the new years means the end of Christmas. So, my demand for the calendars have picked up. I sold two within ten minutes ago just a little bit ago. I sold two a while ago and have several in a boutique in Rigby Idaho. People are really starting to think about Christmas. So this means that I need to keep making more.

I had one of my all time favorite clients buy one of my ABC albums yesterday. Thankfully it was already made. She also wanted the Year of Memories album made into a 12x12 version. Which means I am going to have to develop that one. She also wants two picture frames embellished for two sweet little girls. Thankfully one is half done but the other is not started. This client has a way of stretching and exercising my creativity which a LOVE. She recently found out that she is having a granddaughter after no other grandchildren and having raised two sons. She is so excited and I am so excited for her. I love working with her.

Before all of this transpired, I still need to work on a wedding gift. It will not be revealed until after they get married as I know that they look at this blog. I need to put together two calendars for our parents. We always give them a calendar for Christmas. Not really a surprise but they never know what it will look like. We also have my brother and soon to be sister in law for Christmas this year. So they served us a double whammy.

I am the nursery leader at church, so we wanted to make little gifts for the kids. We are planning on melting crayons to make marbelized crayons for the littlest guys. The littler kids will also get a bean bag. We have a song that uses a bean bag and they love it! So now they will each have their own. So that is about 10 or so kids worth. The older kids that will be Sunbeams in January will be getting a memory match game with the prophets of the church. There will be about 8 sets to do. So needless to say that will keep me busy.

Jeff needs to work on awesome granite trivets and coasters for Etsy. Theymake really great functional gifts for loved ones. We use our trivets daily and family members use their coasters all of the time too. Just love them. So Jeff is feeling the frenzy.

To add to this my dad is getting home December 12th for 3 weeks from Iraq. Life pretty much revolves around him from there on out. We plan on not seeing Gunnar until about the first part of January. Grandpa will be loving on him the entire time. On December 18th, 9 of us are flying to Sacramento for my brother's wedding. We are going to be gone until the 22nd. So really this leaves me 5 days where I won't be preparing for Christmas. I have to have it all done and ready before we leave. I never have eventful holidays but this one seems to be crazy. Fun but busy. My friend Kimberly invited me to participate in an Open House of hers in Washington and unfortunately this craziness is preventing me from it. Sorry Kimberly. I would have loved to go. Oh ya, this does not include two holiday parties that I am already aware of and a holiday fireside.

Can you tell that I am a little frazzled and needed to get this out there. Now I need to go to work on my calendars and albums and ...

3 clever remarks:

Kimberly said...

That's okay, I understand!

Anonymous said...

As Brent would say.... as a stay at home mom, you just sit around and don't do anything...

Amber H. said...

Wow! Sounds like you are SO crazy busy...I don't envy you at all, but congratulations on your great selling success on Etsy! You should post pics on here of your calendars. Good luck getting all of it done!