Monday, January 5, 2009

My dad made it home okay. It was so nice to see him. Mindy's 23rd birthday is this week so we all headed over to my parent's house to celebrate. Dinner was great and we had a great time together. I love spending time with my family. It was kind of like a mini christmas too because my dad was giving us all of our gifts that were intended for the big day. It was a lot of fun. Gunnar also got more parts to his train track that stays at grandma's house. My mom was so excited to get that for him. I took pictures of it with him so I can show my mom. She would be excited to see him with it. The guys spent prett much all of their time there loading and updating the new laptops that my parents gave all of us. We all needed my dad's help on that one.

I just had to mention that it is snowing and I really don't like it. We are expected to get 2-5" today. I was planning on doing many errands today. Aaagh! I am looking forward to California weather. The plan is for my dad to leave Wednesday or Thursday. We are driving there. Our other plan is to get my mom home in 1.5 to 2 weeks. From what my dad mentioned, she needs to be able to urinate on her own. They are still needing to do that for her. I plan on taking my laptop to update on a very regular basis. It also helps to be able to see it with my own eyes and then post it.

I got My Stroke of Insight! Thank you so much Lisa! It just made my day and was the kindest thing. So many have expressed how helpless they feel. I even feel somewhat helpless not being near my mom. In some respects I feel like I am in the same boat. I can assure you that little acts of service and words of kindness have gone a long way. I would have to say that your prayers have been the best help ever. To me that is the best kind of help. So many of you fasted for my mom and our family yesterday. We really appreciate it. I personally fasted for a quick, safe return of my mom to Idaho and some of you have mentioned fasting for the same thing. I have faith that we will see that soon. My mom, I am sure, felt of the prayers and fast on her behalf.

Well, I better get moving. Gunnar needs to head to preschool in 30 minutes. I am not looking forward to getting back in the snow this morning. Every time I look out the windows, it seems to be coming harder. :)

6 clever remarks:

mandbrid said...

Hope you are able to bring her back really soon! Lots of love and prayers for you and your family...

Brandon and Katee said...

Well, I looked for that book for you too but couldn't find it. But I'm glad you got a copy of it! We'll keep you in our prayers and if you need us to do anything while your gone let us know!

Brittney said...

Glad to hear you dad got home safely! Good to hear you finally got your hands on that book! I think you will really enjoy reading it and getting insight on what your mother is going through! I am keeping you and your family in my prayers and know that your mom will be home soon! You will get the job done!!

The Woods said...

Love you guys. Have a safe trip.

Mindy said...

oh yes my birthday party, christmas, new years, family time, was great fun! Thanks for exploring my disney dvd collection with me! I love you very much.

Camille said...

Thinking of you... :)

I know I'm not the closest option, but if Jeff needs any help with Gunner or anything while you're gone he can certainly call me.