Saturday, January 3, 2009

My dad is coming home tomorrow for a few days. I am pretty excited about it. He just needs to get a few things figured out and then he will be driving back. I plan on going back with him for an undetermined amount of time. We are all hoping in the next week or two that we are there, we will be able to work out plans to get her home. She so desperately needs to be here and I think that everything there is really wearing on my dad. I don't blame him at all.

I really appreciate all of the emails from all of you with other places of information. It has all been so helpful. I am just sucking it all up like a sponge. The more you know, the better off you are in any situation right. I am still thankful for the little knowledge that my mom was inspired to share with me about a stroke survivor in her ward. And that I was receptive to hearing and retaining the information. Thinking back about the situation, it was not even a big conversation. It was actually rather small. In passing really...that quick. But for some reason it stayed with me and I knew that time was of the essence when we were in the hotel almost 2 Sundays ago. That I had to act very quickly and that was what I did. Now that I am reading a lot of things about recovery and rehab, time is still important. It is important to start therapy almost right away. It is also incredibly important that she has a support system near her and that is now the obstacle that we are facing. The next hurdle that we have to jump. I am hoping with much prayer and fasting today/tomorrow that along with recovery, we will be able to devise a plan quickly to bring her home safely.

All of your comments and emails have brought so much hope to us. Not to mention the wealth of information. I am just amazed.

3 clever remarks:

Hannah said...

Wow, please let us know how we can help you guys while you are gone. We are here for your family any way you need us!

Jeff and Sandy Gale said...

Kristi, here is the scoop on the 2 rehab places. Elks: It's easier to get someone from an outside hospital into it. They are great for rehab! If there is a question about anything medical with your mom then St Al's is probably the best. If there is a medical concern, then it usually goes to St Luke's ER. St Al's: Is hard to transfer in from another hospital. Has the medical staff right there. So medical stuff can be done immediately. I hope this helps a little bit. I hope that your mom gets to come back to Idaho soon.

Wagonerds said...

Kristi,
I hope all can be speedily recovered from. We are definately thinking about you and Jeff and Gunner. I hope your dad is doing well. I am glad you can be a great support to your dad. It takes a family to survive things like this and daughters make all the difference in the world. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.