Friday, March 6, 2009

I seriously think that this is the longest that I have gone without posting anything. It has actually really been bugging me because there are many things that I can post. The flu definately wiped us all out. It was frustrating. I would go from absolute sickness the first day to perfectly great the next. And when I say great I mean it. No stomach cramps, feeling so normal. But then the following day I was so sick! It was aweful. Friday, the day of the hula performance, I felt great and went. It went so well and was so much fun. It was just a nice small intimate wedding. That night I decided to dance at Ono's because I felt so great. STUPID! We get free food afterwards and I craved it and gorged on it. Hello! What was I thinking ethnic food when I was so iffy on feeling completely better. After all Hawaiian food is ethnic. It just seems so normal to me though. I was SO sick on Saturday it was aweful. Worst than the very first day. I was bummed because all of my mom's siblings were in town and I didn't get to see them. But then you guessed it right. I was better Sunday and that was that. Jeff was also sick the entire time but not nearly as bad and Gunnar was a little sick too. It was only evident in his pullup and definately not by his energy level.

My mom has been doing great and loves being home. I still hav those final Elks pictures to post when I get more time. Brent and Noelle are in town for a few days. They fly out Sunday and so does my dad for Iraq. Then it will be all up to us sister's to care for my mom. I was up to the task and kind of exciting. We all have a schedule worked out and hope that it will become routine quickly. Things have just not been routine since... well since the stroke happened. I can't wait to see what progress she makes while my dad is gone for 6 months. It should be pretty significant. Gunnar will also be in that same boat. He will be 3 in April! Can you believe it.

I seriously have pictures to post and really need to get on that. Since my mom is home, I am also having a hard time taking my camera everywhere with me. Things need to change because she is doing so well. Another reason that picture posts are not happening as frequently is because of that laptop we got for Christmas from my parents. I love to read blogs, check email, etc also watching tv now with the thing. However I love to save my pictures on the office computer which I am not on as much anymore. Thus the reason for sporadic blogging now. I plan on getting better. I promise. (I especially have to once my dad is gone).

4 clever remarks:

mandbrid said...

Sounds like things are going well Kristi...now that you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I have a solution. No laptop time until you get your homework done (pictures on your blog). Do you need to check in with me daily, to make sure you can use the laptop?:)

shellysanford said...

yuck! sorry that you have been sick glad that you are on the mend!!:)

Stacey said...

It was good to hear an update on what you have been doing. I am so sorry you have been sick!! Good to hear your mom is doing well and I hope that things continue to improve. What a great family you have to rally around her and offer so much support.