Sunday, March 29, 2009

Was this really a dream

So I woke up this morning thinking that I had a really bad dream. Let me share this "dream" with you because it really was not a dream. It was real.

Last night Jeff and I went to bed like normal. No big deal, right. Sometime in the wee morning hours... okay so let me stop here and explain the way that our house is in conjunction to our neighbors. We live just a few yards away from our neighbors on one side of our house. The other side is a smaller church's parking lot. Great for neighbors. Anyway, the house next to us is pretty close but never a problem. I just don't even really think about it. We both have a small strip of grass that leads to gates to our backyards. They have a door on that side that is rarely used and we just have windows. Our bedroom is on this wall. We have tall ceilings in our bedroom which results in tall windows. Anyway, back to the story...

So in the wee hours of the morning I start hearing voices (not in my head). I hear a mean males voice and a girl scared out of her mind. This house as an older couple living in it with a high school boy. There are always other people around. They speak spanish (and I know English) but always pretend that they don't know English when we try to talk to them. So annoying. They like to have large family/ friends parties and last night they had one. No big deal at all. They are respectful and I know what it is like. When the Hawaiian side of us gets together, I am sure others say a thing or two about it. No big deal. Anyway...

So I hear these voices and they were not good. The guy kept saying stuff like, "You always come home late" or "stay out late" and then it preceded in the girl pleading for him to leave her alone and screams. I listened for about 10 seconds and knew that I needed to call the cops ASAP. I quickly said Jeff (he didn't hear a thing-I don't know how that is possible because it was all so clear) and ran for the phone before he even really got up. From the other side of my house, I could still hear it clearly. I was on the phone so quick and whispering when I got closer to jeff as he was trying to see more or hear more of the situation. This girl was S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G. It was sooo loud and he kept yelling at her and she just kept pleading. What a strange situation. The dispatcher was asking all sorts of things. She wanted to know if there were weapons-couldn't tell. She wanted to know what they looked like-we weren't going to stand on our bed to get a view. She wanted to know if this was a normal thing-no, we live on a very quiet, older established street. She wanted to know all sorts of things and I tried to answer as much as possible. As I was on the phone and Jeff was peaking out the windows, the high school boy appeared at the door to stop the situation. Then he headed in to get the older guy and the woman was also standing at the door in a bathrobe. As I was getting off of the phone, Jeff could see the girl leaving on foot we think. The police f.i.n.a.l.l.y. showed up. We live in town, not far from any services. Where were they. There were two and they approached the house. Not sure what ended up happening. Jeff and I were commenting on how long it took them. I still did not look at a clock for the time. So I noticed at this point that it was 4:24am and I was on the phone with 911 for about 5 minutes. It took the police about another minute or two to arrive after I hung up. So insane I tell ya.

Jeff told me that he was thinking of getting down his shot gun and cocking it. Just to scare him off. He also thought that we should have sent out Kaika, our big 97lb lab mix. She would scare the tar out of them. I am serious. She has a scary bark. Our rotti mix just looks mean. The strange thing was that Rusty, the rotti mix, was barking under his breath the entire time. Kaika, the lab mix, was following us around the house. She loved the action. She wanted to be in on it. Thinking about it though, it may have moved the situation somewhere else and maybe nobody would have called it in. It could have been really bad for the girl.

This was, I believe, the 3rd time that I have called 911. One time was when my mom had a stroke and the other was when we were first married and there was a drug raid at the house next door. I really need to share that story. It was quite interesting to say the least and I was not really worried much. Maybe I will write about it tomorrow if I have time.

Now can you see where we both woke up this morning and wondered if we both had the same bad dream.

3 clever remarks:

HeidiT said...

A similar thing happened at the townhouse I used to live in. My roomates and I were crouched under the window in the upstairs bedroom listening as this poor girl next door was getting slammed against the wall and almost strangled to death so we called the cops. And then when they finally showed up we could hear the whole conversation and the girl pretended like nothing was wrong that they just got in a "little argument"! It was so sad.

Amber H. said...

Yikes! I hope that girl ended up ok, I wish you knew the end of the story!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that's a really bad situation, I'm glad you called 911. I have had the same situation happen, and by the time the police came, the screaming and yelling stopped, I think they saw the police, because all of a sudden all the lights went out adn all noise stopped. I felt so helpless, and I hated it, iw anted to scream- I know they're in there! Just go in there! But they didn't. Those situations are really scary, and I can totally see how you wondered if it was all a dream when you woke up! I'm glad you guys have a scary dog- or- one that can be scary- that's teh only reason I'd want a dog- is for protection- (i'm allergic) it just seems like it'd make you feel alot safer.