Saturday, June 6, 2009

How Stupid Can I Be

Apparently I can be quite stupid. This last Sunday I was asked to give a talk. My topic was Finding Strength in Adversity. I did such an awesome job if I say so myself. I did so much studying and reading to prepare the talk. Luckily the Fathers and Sons campout was the same weekend so Jeff and Gunnar were gone. Perfect opportunity to get it written out.

Anyway, the talk was great, I felt really proud of it and looked good in my new skirt. I picked up a new skirt that week at Ross. I just bought it not because of my talk. Really because it was cute and long enough. Not long to the ground but between my knees and my ankles. Skirts are usually long or too short for me.

Sunday rolls around and I thought that I would try on my skirt to see if that is really what I wanted to wear. I paired it with a cute black top and decided yes, this is the look.

Remember I gave a talk with my back to the Bishopric and others on the stand, attended Sunday school where we sit in the second row from the front, and attend Relief Society where I usually sit near the center aisle in the center row. As I was walking the hall looking for Jeff, I felt something near the center of my back. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! It was the tags to the skirt. The price tag, the brand tag...like 4 tags! When I tried on the skirt, I wasn't sure if I really wanted to where it so I kept the tags on. They were flipped to the outside so when I decided to keep it on, I didn't feel them. I immediately felt for my shirt to see how long it was. When standing it covered them well, but sitting it just had to have exposed the tags... to everyone! I can be so stupid sometimes. Jeff had a good laugh.

9 clever remarks:

Money said...

That really had me laughing out loud. So doesn't surprise me coming from you! Too funny.

Mindy said...

I don't know why my comment said money said but it should say mindy said...

Danielle said...

How embarrassing. I would die. Luckily, people tend to be understanding and forgetful! I doubt anyone will hold it against you:) Man....I would totally tell someone though if I saw that! Lucky the shirt was long enough to cover when standing:)

Amber H. said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard! That is way too funny! It also sounds like something I would totally do Ü

Megan and Greg said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! MY husband and I are laughing right now.

Megan and Greg said...

Wow. Congrats on paying off the school loan! What a good feeling. Sounds like you had a nice Memorial Day. I think a picnic sounds nice.

Janna said...

Great story!! Once I split my skirt on the seam at work, but I didn't notice it until I got home. I still wonder who saw how much. Sigh.

Rachel said...

That's not nearly as bad as tucking your skirt into your underwear. Which I did on my first day of work in Korea. Thank goodness another teacher noticed fairly quickly! :)

And I didn't notice the tags, and I usually notice things like that, so maybe you got away with it! :)

Beth said...

Too funny... we are laughing with you not at you!!!