Tuesday, January 5, 2010

12 weeks and counting...

We rarely surprise people in our family. Miraculously we pulled off my dad's 50th birthday party in November. That was a feat in itself. However we pulled off another before the end of the year.
Photobucket
Jeff and I give our parent's calendars every year. What a great opportunity to announce this...
Photobucket
Photobucket
And get the most perfect reaction like this...
Photobucket
It was perfect and totally out of the blue for them. My siblings/spouses/boyfriends were already in on it. Heidi and Mindy found out by accident on my birthday, November 28th. I had my suspicions shortly before than too. All 8 of us somehow kept this secret completely from my parent's. None of Jeff's family had any idea. It was classic.

So now this completely explains my complete tiredness throughout this Christmas season. I had all of those projects to do with no energy at all. I had a hard time explaining to my mom why I was so exhausted out shopping with her and wanted to be done. She would tell me to stop complaining and that I love doing it. She also asked me the day that I had my first appointment (but she didn't know) if I was sad that I did not have another baby. I told her no. She then told me that maybe I needed to go to the doctor to get checked out. I got out of there and laughed about it on the way home.

Thankfully energy is about the only major problem that I have. Apparently I don't get morning sickness. Didn't with Gunnar either. My mom said she never did either. Heidi also said the 9 weeks that she was pregnant, she didn't either. I sure hope Mindy is as lucky as we are. If I feel slightly sick, I eat and I am good to go. I do get migraines and one hit the day that I had to get a wedding album out to a client. I was pushing the deadline and it needed mailed. It was so aweful. I had no Tylenol in the house and couldn't leave until the album was done. That is how close I cut it. With the tail end of the 1st trimester over, I hope to gain some of this energy back.

I was reading a friend's blog shortly after christmas and she mentioned that she was 11 weeks pregnant. I thought to myself. "I'm 11 weeks pregnant, I am curious to know when she is due." Sure enough she is due 1 day after me. We both have to have c-sections, so it will be fun to see what the real birthdays end up being.

Oh ya, I will be having another c-section. I would have it no other way and felt relieved when my doctor thought it best to go this route again. My mom felt bad that she wouldn't be able to help like she did before, but I told her that she could take Gunnar here and there and that doing so would be a huge help. Jeff, I think, is also planning on taking some time off because of that.

I am excited to see what this baby is and what it will look like. My dad told me yesterday that he hopes it is a girl. Why? He just wants to see what I would do with a girl. Apparently he can't picture it.

Gunnar wants a baby really bad in his tummy. Him and Heidi had this conversation last week before we really started talking about it around him. He cried all the way home because he wanted a baby in his tummy so bad. We are constantly explaining to him that only mommies have babies in their tummies but he can help take care of it. He seemed fine with that answer for a while. This should be really fun with him around at 4 years old.

23 clever remarks:

Brandon and Katee said...

Kristi, I am so excited!!!! I can't wait to know what you are having and I am also hoping you get a girl. The calm after the storm ;)Let me know if you ever need me to take Gunnar for you, he is such a sweetheart and will be such a good big brother.

Danielle said...

CONGRATS! That is SO EXCITING! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!!!! What a fun way to announce it!

Brittney said...

We are SO excited for you and your family!! So happy to hear that your expanding on the wonderful thing you already have! Hope your tiredness goes away soon!

Megan and Greg said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Yay! Wow, very clever way of announcement. How could you resist? I have to tell people exciting things! So much to comment on, I looked over like 5 posts. Gunnar is the most smiley guy, I just love all his pictures, he looks like the sweetest thing. Glad the pink eye got under control- that does not sound fun. YOUR BOOK!!! I loved it! What a great idea! I'm gonna have to remember that. I'm afraid I'm gonna forget. And you put it together so artsy-like. I'll have to check out that website.You inspire me with you $3 potato heads and everything else. I don't know what else to say, loved all the posts, the pictures and your comments. Thanks for posting! Happy New Year!!!

Amber H. said...

Congrats! I was just wondering the other day when you guys were going to have another, but I NEVER ask! I got so annoyed between Felicity and the twins...people always asking me every second. It got old! I'm so excited for you though, and if you do have a girl, you will love it! They are so fun Ü I'm excited for you!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I hope this pregnancy goes great for you till the very end, especially with a little kiddo already. I know we don't live super close, but if you need help at all please let me know. Oh and I wanted you to know I looked at your Etsy page, and I must say you are really creative! I loved the Christmas advent calendars! Dis you use one with your family for Christmas??? Anyways have a great rest of the week and CONGRATS again!

Rachel said...

Congrats! I hope it's a girl because then our girls can be friends for life and then we can be friends for life!

7packofbearss said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you!

mandbrid said...

YAY!!! When I saw the title for this post - I had to come read it right away... I had a feeling....I am so happy for you and wish you a healthy pregnancy. Congrats!!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting!!

Stacey said...

YAY! Congrats!! SO exciting. What a cute way to announce it too!!

The Woods said...

Congrats, Kristi! That's so funny what Gunnar said.

Shauna said...

Congrats!! I like the clever calendar idea! It's so hard to wait to tell, but you did it! I'm glad you're feeling well. I'll be having a C-section too and my OB said plan on a week earlier than your due date.It's so refreshing to know you can just plan it!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! How exciting! I hope your energy picks up soon. I never liked that tired feeling all the time.

Beth said...

Oh wow! So cool! I can't believe all you girls kept a secret that long!! I will remember that when I have to tell someone. I hate having to keep a secret, when I got my calling I had to avoid my bff for almost 2 weeks, I was afraid I would say something to her... she was wondering what was up with me, but understanding as only a bff can be. I love the way you told them!!! Fun!!

Congratulations!

Rose said...

Congrats on the Pregnancy! That is the coolest way to announce it!

Hannah said...

Yay that is so awesome!!!! I am so excited for you. If you need anything, let me know. I am sure Faith would love to play with Gunnar again if you need a break.

Kimberly said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm due the 18th!

Kimberly said...

I'm retarded... if I read your post first before leaving a comment I would have seen that you already know when I'm due! I was just so excited that I went straight to commenting!

Kurt and Michelle said...

Congratulations you guys, that is so exciting, make sure to keep us posted!

Trenton & Maren said...

How exciting! I love this kind of news.

Jakob and Aleen said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news. When you think there's no one pregnant in our ward, you soon find out that there's a whole lot after all. :)

Mindy said...

That was the best reaction from mom and dad... and oddly Ren. haha I hope its a girl so I can laugh when it loves princess and pink and nail polish and you won't know what to do.