Monday, April 5, 2010

25 weeks and cruisin'

Photobucket


(Jeff kept telling me to stop standing like that. I couldn't help it. This was the only way to make my shoulders straight and not slouched over.)
Today I went into my regular doctors appointments. I always love going into those. Frankly I really like being pregnant. It did with Gunnar right up until the day I had him. I have felt great and this little guy moves a TON. Feeling him move is one of my favorite things. It is always fun and really reassurring. It is also one of the first things that I miss when the baby is born. Today he told me that in a month at my next appointment, I can pick the date that I want this little guy born. He said that I can go anytime 1 week prior to my July 17th due date. He then looked at my chart and said that I can actually go two days earlier than that becuase the ultrasound put a July 15th due date. Yeah! So this little guy will most likely be born July 8 or 9th. It all depends upon Dr. West's schedule when we finalize it the first part of May. It is kind of weird picking and knowing when your baby is born. I like it that way. I can plan around it. I know that the baby will come out quickly. Jeff and for sure get the time off easily with it planned. Jeff is planning on taking a week or two off to help out. It will be nice to have him around. It will be a big help with Gunnar. I am sure that Gunnar will be a big help but he also has tons of energy that can drain you of yours just watching him.

I am getting bigger which is fun. I am not huge but big enough that it makes moving around sometimes a challenge. Gunnar loves looking at my belly and then proclaiming in a really dramatic voice how FAT I am. We then laugh. It really is funny and there is no offense taken because I know that I will never get overly big; even at the end. Gunnar tonight wanted to show the baby a Lightning McQueen sticker. He stuck it on by belly and "showed" the baby. I asked him what the baby said. He said that the baby said, "thank you". He's a goofball.

I still think about the time that I was pregnant with Gunnar. I was extremely aware of what I did, ate, etc. I took it easy. With another child, you just can't and it is amazing what I can do and still be pregnant. I can't avoid picking Gunnar up or running around doing things with him. I've learned that I was extremely cautious for no reason with Gunnar. The way that I am with both pregnancies is so different.

8 clever remarks:

Rachel said...

I'm with you on the planning the birthdate thing. I was so happy to know the exact time Cadence was going to be born!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That was a really sweet post. I"m really excited for you! So do you have to have a c section? or are you going to enduse the baby? did I miss a post explaining this? I"m glad you love being pregnant and that it's going so well for you!

Joleen said...

I love being able to pick the birthday!
And with 4 kids at home I have realized that a pregnant mom can do just about anything...until her Dr tells her to take it easy!! Ooops!!!

The Elders said...

yay! i'm glad everything is going well. is your doctor Timothy West? if so he is my doc and i love him. he was voted the "dr. mcdreamy" of the treasure valley. thats not why i picked him though i guess its not a con. funny. take care

Megan and Greg said...

That is so funny he exclaims that you're FAT!!! I'm glad you don't take it the wrong way. He sounds so cute. I love the sticker on the belly. He'll be a great big brother.

Danielle said...

hhah. Oh what comes out of the mouths of kids. Love it. I hope that I am like you when I'm pregnant. Sounds like it's not too bad of an experience for you! That is funny how different you are with this pregnancy...but good you are just letting loose this one.

Shauna said...

Where are you hiding that baby? Seriously girl, I wish I had your height! Scheduling the C-section is a great thing, it definitely makes it easier, plus you get to go a week early! I'm so glad it's been such a great pregnancy so far.

Jeff and Sandy Gale said...

Glad you're feeling great. I also loved being pregnant and having the baby move.