Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pregnant People Should Not Get Sick...

...we have enough to worry about. Yesterday I became violently ill. It was aweful and it came on suddenly in the morning. I would have to go the bathroom (in a bad way) and then about 10 minutes later I knew that the throw up would come. I did that about 5 times throughout the morning. I ended up calling the Dr's office to find out if there was anything that I can take or what they suggest I do. The good news was that baby would be fine, the bad news was that there was nothing I could take to make it stop. The nurse recommended an all clear liquid diet until 1pm at least. I needed to stay hydrated and get this stuff to stop, especially throwing up. Finally later last night, I tried eating a little bit of ramen and then oatmeal with bad results this morning but I was starving! Jeff was awesome and took the day off yesterday. It was bad and there was no way that I was going to be able to handle Gunnar and his energy. The funny thing was that he would randomly say that he too was sick and ended up taking a nap on the family room floor near me for 3 hours! The weekend must have finally caught up with him. It was rather nice. Jeff took Gunnar to the school twice, one time with the dog. He did tons of laundry and installed a much needed door knob on the bathroom door. Not to mention the trip to the store for Gatorade and everything else that I needed. It was great having him around.

This morning I was able to get 4 hours of really good sleep while Gunnar went to work with Heidi. It was great and much needed. I am feeling a ton better now. The baby has been moving around like crazy since yesterday. Constantly almost. The nurse said that it probably was because my bowels are moving around like crazy. It has actually been pretty fun but weird at the same time knowing that other things are moving like crazy down there. I definately don't wish this upon anyone, especially pregnant people.

I have so much that needs to be caught up on here. I hope to get pre-Easter and Easter stuff posted as well as Gunnar's birthday party that we had Saturday. My sweet little baby turns 4 years old today!

7 clever remarks:

Mindy said...

Man, that just stinks. Thank goodness for Jeff being so great! I am glad you are feeling better now. Happy birthday Little Gunnar!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh Kristi! I'm am SO sorry. Sounds absolutely horrible. Thank goodness for great husbands! What would we do without them? Hope you're feeling better soon!

Penny Cluff said...

Sounds like you had a bug. A Mommy Body just won't tolerate anything it perceives would hurt the baby...wants to get rid of the virus or germ as fast as possible. It's job is to protect, protect, protect. Amazing, but hard on mama for a day or two.

Danielle said...

yUCK- I'm so sorry! That sounds horrendous. I hope you get feeling better!!!!!!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh kristi- that is awful- I am so sorry. I HATE HATE HATE throwing up, it is so violent and scary, I am so sorry and hope it has stopped for you. It's not fair at all. Gunnar is four! yowsa! can you believe it? I love how you called him a baby, not quite a baby anymore.... :)

katy said...

Sucks you were sick. I am not a fan of pregnancy. I feel for you. Hope you don't have to go through that again.

Shauna said...

no one deserves to feel so horribly from both ends! Glad you had help from hubby and how nice that Gunnar just layed around too!