Monday, May 17, 2010

We Have a Date

As we were driving out of Bend (which I will write about soon), I finally connected with my doctor after playing phone tag. We have a date officially set for this little guy to arrive. His birthday will be July 9th. We will have to arrive at 6am, so he will be the first appointment of the day. We originally talked about the day before but Dr. West couldn't do it apparently. He asked me if that was okay. I told him it would have to be. I didn't have a choice. He was the one that we had to work around. He is funny and it is weird to me to have a birthdate already determined. I am excited to meet this guy and see where him and Gunnar differ or see where they are the same. I told Jeff that if he comes out looking like another mini Jeff like Gunnar did, I was just going to laugh. The problem is, I can't imagine another little boy from us looking any differently. I am really excited for Gunnar to meet his brother. He talks about him all of the time.
I have been doing pretty well. I am starting to get tired and actually want that nesting instinct to kick in some time so I can get motivation to get things done. I have been working on painting all the doors in our house but have slowed down for lack of motivation. I'm almost done though. My ciatic nerve in my error is a pain in the butt. I do get heartburn frequently which I don't remember having at all with Gunnar. And my legs will cramp up if I am not careful. I can still bend and sit on the floor and get up and carry Gunnar which I am all thankful for because I know that it can be worse. I really need to get a picture up here because I am now looking more pregnant than ever. Every one at church tells me that I am now looking pregnant...whereas before I apparently looked just fact. Just teasing. It is all fun to me. I loved being pregnant with Gunnar and I like it with this baby too.

As you can see, we decided to name our little guy Breckin (Breck) Maunakea Miller. We really like that name and it really fits with Gunnar. Maunakea is a family name in all generation starting with my great great grandpa who bore the name. Gunnar is still pretty sure that he is having a baby and he for some reason took on the name Brent Thomas for his baby and won't change it. You ask him what his baby's name is and that is what he will give you everytime. Can't wait to see what happens when nothing comes out of his tummy in a couple of months.

Onto other really exciting news, Heidi, my sister is pregnant too! I am SOOOOO excited! This has been a long time coming for them and after many struggles with pregnancy, she too will have a baby this year. She is due the middle of November and all of us are over the top excited. A few days before she told us, Jeff and I were talking about how our kids are just going to be the cousins that are just wingin' it out there on their own because no one else was having babies. Low and behold, our babies are going to be about 4 months apart. We can't wait. I am secretly hoping for a boy because we are having a boy and that would be super fun. But it really doesn't matter and we'll all find out in about 4 weeks. They've had the name Camden picked out for either boy or girl for a long time. The other day Heidi shared the name with Gunnar and Gunnar proclaimed that the name is sooooo weird. He also told Heidi that they can take their babies for a walk in strollers. Does she have a stroller because we have a stroller. She needs to get a stroller from the stroller store so they can go on walks. We still aren't sure if he was literally talking about his baby or my real baby. He cracks us up. He is so excited for this little cousin to come.

This year is definately bringing us lots of great blessings.

8 clever remarks:

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you are doing so well! It still amazes me that you can do all that stuff and actually set a date for the baby! Shellee has set the birthdate for all 3 of her kids and actually made it! Mason's was Feb. 20th but was born Jan. 22. So with this one, we aren't setting a date! Hopefully just after June 20th.

Megan and Greg said...

That stroller conversation is too cute. VERY EXCITING for you and Heidi both! I like the name Breckin!

Hannah said...

It is so cool to have cousins the same age. Tyler and Jesse both have a cousin within weeks of each other and it is fun to have them together. Course we live states away so it doesn't happen often, but for you two it will be so fun!

Danielle said...

How exciting! That'll be awesome to have babies so close together. I love the conversations with Gunnar. So cute. I love how into it they get.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that is so exciting- and so exciting that Heidi is having her baby so close to yours- they will be best cousins- so great!

Kimberly said...

So I just saw that it says you are 32 weeks and 6 days, I thought you were due the day before me? Oh, is that until your scheduled c-section?

katy said...

Wow time went fast. That seems so soon. I am so excited for you. Hopefully Gunnar is letting you rest up for whats coming. How exciting. I am so glad your family is being so blessed.

Penny Cluff said...

Kristi, you are going to beat Jessi! July 9th. You are on the down hill slide. There is nothing like a cousin the same age. My grandkids and I call them Cousin Friends. It would be fun to get two boy cousin friends, but I think Robin's family is due for some pink, frills, dolls, or something in lace.