Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

As I was packing for the hospital yesterday it occured to me why we really stopped at Shopko and Babies R Us the day that we brought Gunnar home from the hospital. I remember my mom telling me that they always needed something on the way home from the hospital with us kids and sure enough here we were headed there too. I remember wearing my winter coat on a warm day into Shopko and was pretty sure that it was because I needed nursing pads only. Yesterday it totally occured to me it was because I also needed nursing bras! What was I thinking. Did I not pay close attention to the baby books to know that I should have packed one. It all came flooding back yesterday. I wore no bra, a winter coat and was slightly leaking in Shopko. Oh man...boy have I learned since then. I also remember we ran into Babies R Us for a nursing stool because I used one at the hospital and loved it. It will be interesting to see what happens this year. I can assure you we won't be stopping at the store for those things.

4 clever remarks:

HeidiT said...

I've been meaning to ask if getting a nursing bra should be on my "More crap to get list." I guess it is necessary but I was trying to find a way around it.

Mindy said...

This post was really funny... Heidis comment was really funny. Now I feel dumb being at work laughing by myself about nursing bras. And for some reason... I am still giggling.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha

mandbrid said...

What's a nursing stool??? My first thought was stool softeners....yuck! (but also can be important)