Monday, July 5, 2010

Gunnar's Reaction

I can finally post about Gunnar's reaction to hearing the news about what my sister Heidi and Ren are having. You can read the rest of her blog post here but I just had to write about this. My sister called informing us that she had just finished up with her big ultrasound and found out that they are having a girl. I was SO excited. After two boys on this side of the family, it was about time that we had a little girl to start balancing stuff out. I thought Gunnar would be excited but apparently he wasn't. He started yelling and screaming and jumping up and down that he did NOT want a girl cousin, he wanted a BOY cousin. I tried to get him excited but he wanted nothing to do with it. I really wish that I could get it on camera or even a voice recorder because it was hilarious. He was so passionate about his feelings. I informed him that he would have to take it up with Heidi because it really was her problem that she was having a girl. I couldn't do anything about it. The next day Heidi took him to work with her and he kind of ignored her because of it. He really was pretty upset about it. Since then he picked out a cute outfit for Camden and was pretty proud of himself for that. I think he will survive, but the question is...will the two babies survive with him around?

2 clever remarks:

Megan and Greg said...

That is just hilarious! I'm so envious of the raspberries. Yum!

HeidiT said...

I still don't think he's over it yet. Although he does get really excited when he tells me about the clothes you guys find at the garage sales for Camden.