Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Here We Come McCall

A couple of weeks ago we went to McCall for a few days. It was a much needed getaway with family. We headed up with my mom and the rest came the next day. We missed Mindy and Rillz. They were in Florida with a new niece but we sure did miss them.
Photobucket
I was riding in the back with Gunnar and Brecken. I looked over and saw Gunnar with the pen in his mouth. What was he thinking.
Once the rest of the family arrived, this is what Brecken's life consisted of.
Photobucket
Lots of naps...
Photobucket
Play time with his favorite cousin, Cami. She may not be born yet but I think there is a bond there. He seriously loves to lay on Heidi's stomach.
Photobucket
...and rediculous amounts of attention.
what was Gunnar and the rest of us up to. We stopped by all the thrift stores in town. We love them and always seem to find something. And the candy store of course. The weather was also perfect. One afternoon we spent quite a bit of time by the lake. The weather was in the 70's and warm.
Photobucket
The names of the boats were quite funny...
Photobucket
My brother is a riot. He is a gigantic kid at heart. He plays so well with kids and Gunnar loves him. I'm sure he won't mind sharing since he did this in front of everyone on the beach and their were a lot of people.
Photobucket
Gunnar had a blast in the sand. He was covered in it when we left. We made him ride back in his underwear.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Heidi and Ren are pregnant together. Bet you didn't know that. Heidi is due in 5 weeks. We all can't wait.
Photobucket
Gunnar got grandma time. Their smiles actually look pretty similar. I never noticed that before. He got to sleep with grandma in the big bed every night.
Photobucket
These little guys are the best.
Photobucket
This was Gunnar every night after a fun day and lots of sugar later.
Photobucket
So much sugar and fun that he threw up all the way home. Poor guy. He has never done that before. I am pretty sure it was from lack of sleep, poor eating and maybe a little motion sickness thrown in. When we got home, we came home to a parvo infested house. Mindy's dog came down with it while we were watching her. They got back from Florida before we arrived home from McCall and found their dog in near death shape. It was aweful. We ended up cleaning the outside of the house with bleach. What a way to come home.

6 clever remarks:

Danielle said...

Looks like tons of fun! Love all the pictures. I LOVE that first pic of Gunnar. Soooo hilarious with the pen in his mouth...I always wonder how that happens! I could never fall asleep like that! haha. Cuuuuuute cute kids.

Jess said...

Oh how fun! my fam hasn't been on a trip in a long time together! What I want is to take a couples trip up that way to see all of you! it would be soooooo fun! I totally know what you mean about the special bond between Brecken and Cami. Emma used to kick like crazy when I would hold or play with Cove but Only ever Cove not other babies. so cute!

HeidiT said...

That pen picture is hilarious. What a goofball. That was a quick but fun trip! Oh, and since then Gunnar has talked every time we are driving to and from work about the throwing up incident. Today he even talked about what color it was :) I finally told him to stop talking about it but for some reason it fascinates him.

Megan and Greg said...

That was such a cute post. I love how you made Gunnar ride home in his undies. I can't believe Heidi is due so soon. It goes by so fast. I'm so excited!

Megan and Greg said...

oh yeah, love the new pic up top.

Brittney said...

Sounds like good times!! Love the new blog picture it's SO cute!! Glad you got away for a few days, it sure is nice!!