Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Finally Awesome Family Pictures

I have this awesome friend named Rachel that loves to experiment in photography and she has gotten really good. I saw that she did pictures for a couple of our others friends and asked if she could do ours. The last time that we had really good pictures was at Mindy's wedding (er um Birthday Party-totally an inside joke about that) and Gunnar was only 2 years old. We were long overdue and now we have Brecken so we really needed something. Rachel did an awesome job! I love them all and she did a great job editing. I really liked the contrast of the black and whites but I promise to put color ones on here too.
Photobucket
We started out at a barn on private property. The property is for sale so Rachel called the realtor to see if we could go. He gave her the go ahead.
Photobucket
The grass around it was also pretty overgrown, so we plopped the boys in the middle. We learned that a pretty unaware baby is kind of hard to photograph. We couldn't get his attention so he did his own thing the entire shoot.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The other place we went was the train depot down the road in Caldwell. It is not a big place, but a really interesting building. I really liked it and had fun there. Gunnar loved that we were feet away from the train tracks. Rachel was sitting on the ground getting ready to take pictures and suddenly a train came whizzing by. It was kind of freaky and really loud. We were so close. Gunnar was in love and Brecken was actually fascinated too. The noise didn't bother him at all. Finally it passed and we moved on.
Photobucket
Photobucket
As Rachel was packing her stuff up, Gunnar plopped himself in the middle of the cement and asked her to take pictures. She did and ended up getting some really cute ones. He had us cracking up with the stuff that he was doing. The kid has so much energy. Someone at church told me that it is simply lots of spirit bottled up in a little body, wanting to burst out. She had to remind herself of that with her own son when he was younger. That's a nice way of looking at it.
Anyway, we had lots of fun and lots of fun with Rachel. We love them!! I can not thank her enough for her time. She was so generous in doing this for us.
In a couple of months, she is planning on doing more pictures for us but I can't say any more than that until they happen and I am really excited about that.

Now the problem is, I am not sure which one is my absolute favorite. Any suggestions?

7 clever remarks:

Rachel said...

Print them all out and then hang them up in a big grid pattern. No need to pick a favorite! :)

Mindy said...

I don't know why but I can't see any of them. It just says photo bucket on them.

Amanda said...

It won't let me see them either. :(

Danielle said...

Soooo cute! I love all of them! She did a great job:)

katy said...

What cute places for pictures. You guys look so good. I love the picture at the top of your blog. It is so cool. What a good idea.

HeidiT said...

So cute, it's definitely one of the few times that I have actually seen Jeff and Gunnar in pictures without having a goofball look on their faces! It's funny how Gunnar remembers so many details about things, he already told me on the drive yesterday all about the train going by, the farm, and how he sat down on the cement and told rachel to take his picture.

Amanda said...

I can see them now. :) Cute Pictures! What a beautiful family!!