Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh The Nerve

Saturday I needed to run to the post office before they closed. When I got back, I headed right into the office/craft room for something. In the family room I can hear Gunnar and some other noises. I few minutes later I head in there and see Gunnar putting Brecken on the couch with no Jeff in site. All of a sudden I see Jeff coming around the corner looking for them. Jeff told Gunnar to leave Brecken on our bed while he took a shower. Did Jeff really think that was going to happen. He should have known better. I had that one figured out about Brecken's second week of life. You do NOT trust Gunnar at all.

Throughout the day, we started noticing a little red raised bump on the back of Brecken's head. Gunnar adamately denied any part of it the entire day. Jeff and I both knew he probably had something to do with it. Yesterday I caught him talking to Brecken before church. He said, "I am so sorry Brecken for bumping your head on the corner of the wall by the bathroom."

5 clever remarks:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ok I'm really sorry- but that is really hilarious- i'm just imagining Gunnar talking to Brecken, apologizing, totally admitting his "sin" after telling you he had nothign to do with it- so hilarious- I LOVE IT! thanks for sharing- but- probably not so funny for the parent :) sorry!

Brittney said...

Oh, those are such scary moments! I remember Bailey carring Lacey down the hall to the office for me and I wanted to scream but I remember just calmly walking over to her, thanking her and grabbing Lacey. As soon as I had my sweet baby in my arms I steanly explained to Bailey that she needs to come get me and NOT bring her to me. I remember feeling my heart stop when I saw her carrying her down the hall. They all somehow survive the wrath of their older sibling! Hopefully it won't happen again!

Rachel said...

Yikes! I'm glad nothing worse happened!

Danielle said...

haha oh my gosh! That little guy is so funny. I can't believe Jeff trusts Gunnar to babysit! haha- crazy man. Good thing it was just a bump :)

McDowell Family said...

He must have felt guilty! I find that if we talk about something like that a lot, my 4.5 yrear old little boy will confess a few days later! I only have 4 weeks left and already my 2 were talking about picking her up and carrying her around! We will have to stop that right away!