Friday, April 22, 2011

Where Have You Been

Not really sure what has taken me so long to get on here myself. Funny how I can't really tell you what I have been doing. Just normal, daily stuff. Not really sure what that is most of the time. Of course it involves the usual like running after kids, cleaning up after kids...but my house isn't super duper spotless the prove that I spend my extra hours cleaning. I also don't really have a bunch of finished projects to prove that I have been working on them too. I can tell you that I think endlessly on the projects/things that I need to and should be working on. Sometimes I feel like I think so much about them that it renders me paralyzed. I just don't know where to start or what I have motivation for at the moment. It really gets super annoying. And then I lay there at night watching tv thinking back on the things that I need to get done and ask myself why I didn't work on them during this time in the day or that time in the day. It would have been so easy then. Annoying.

I do know that I finished 3 books within the last month or so. The first is called The Alchemist. I love it. It was kind of interesting to read the reviews on Amazon when I went to get the link. Some people thought it far too simple and maybe that is what I loved about it. It was so easy to read and had a great message. It is written in more of a fable/tale type why and I whipped right through it. It talks about persuing your dreams and perseverance among other things. Love it.

The other was The Hiding Place. This book was written by a woman that was part of the underground protecting the Jews in Holland. She was arrested along with her family and sent to concentration camps. She was later released and did remarkable things after the war. This woman was amazing. I love reading books about WWII. I am always amazed at how strong so many people were during that time. What would I have done during that time? I like to think that I would have been brave and risked my life like so many did. Until one is in that situation, I don't think we could really answer. I am pretty sure I have this movie by the same name on my wishlist at the library. So I better get that one requested.


The last book that I just finished this morning was The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond. She started a blog a few years ago and started writing weekly installments of her dating years with her husband. It caught on and people started coming back to her blog weekly to get the next bit to her story. She now has it all published in a book. She also has a cookbook with her yummy recipes. Anyway, it was super easy to read and she is hilarious. It was a pretty funny story. It was one of those brand new books at the library. So I could only have it checked out for about 2 weeks. I read and read so I didn't turn it in late. I ended up reading it in the first 3 days that I had it. All 319 pages.


Well that is what I have been up to among being a mom, having a 5 year old birthday party this last weekend, projects here and there and sitting for how long. I'm pretty sure there was some of that in there. And at this very moment, the hearing in the left ear is decreased for some odd reason and I have icecream melting on my counter. Good night.

1 clever remarks:

Libug said...

I loved the Alchemist! I thought it's message was so amazing.