Monday, June 18, 2012

Family of Boys


When May rolls around, it is in no way a bad thing that I have all boys. Because I get to ship them all off to the Fathers and Sons Campout every year. Yeah for me...yeah for me! The boys were so excited. They were heading up with some friends in the ward so that made it doubly exciting. The weather was chilly but thankfully didn't rain. Brecken I guess cried throughout the night like he normally does at home (weird kid) but in the mountains where everyone was in tents with no solid walls. Sorry ward members and mountain wildlife. Gunnar slept like a rock like he normally does but I am sure he was super warm with his new North Face kids sleeping bag he got for his birthday. They had fun around the campfire and came home filthy as can be.

What did I do? I had a Paparazzi open house that night clear out on the outskirts of Nampa. Like way out there in the boonies at a beautiful winery. So far out there that I did not have phone reception and seriously freaked out that I would not be able to get a hold of the hostess when I could not find her house. I briefly remember her text with more detailed instructions before I got that far out but was SO turned around at that point. Thankfully some farmer stopped his tractor and tried to help, flagged down another local farmer behind me and got things straight. The open house was fun, the scenery was beautiful and then I headed home. It really was not that bad as I headed home. I talked to Mindy on the way home, because it seriously was that funny, was excited to eat as many Doritos that I wanted from the bag the boys accidentally left home, and ate a bunch of Oreos too that I was thrilled about. I didn't have to share and could get as full as I wanted. That is how I spend my Fathers and Sons Campout weekends.

2 clever remarks:

Mindy said...

Rillz asked if you ate that whole package of oreos...

HeidiT said...

I would totally be all over the oreos and doritos too! I never really thought about how camp outs like that leave you with the house all to yourself...nice!