Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Brundage Mountain Here We Come

This last weekend, Jeff and I were able to get away for a weekend snowboarding trip. We went with my sister and brother in law, Heidi and Ren, my dad, and my brother Brent. We all have season passes, so this will be a regular accurance this year. My parents have a timeshare up in McCall, so we drove up Friday night and stayed over through Saturday. The rest of my family went up Friday morning and were able to get an extra day of boarding in. Unfortunately Jeff has to work until 5pm on Fridays and could not get away any earlier. Where was Gunnar you ask? He was with my mom and my sister Mindy who went over there for the weekend. He just loved it. All of the attention on him all of the time. I was told that he did not ask for me once...could care less where I was. Gotta love him. Friday night it started to snow. YEESSSS! That is exactly what we wanted. Saturday morning it was still snowing and perfect for the mountain. It snowed the entire day, creating great snow/powder. The buddy system was perfect. Jeff and Brent were together...they actually know what they are doing, can get down the mountain in style and actually do some tricks. My dad and Ren were together...they started learning last year, can actually consistantly turn, and are more willing to hurt themselves to try something cool. Heidi and I were together...we have been boarding inconsistantly for about 7 years, can't really do anything, afraid at trying new things and not willing to hurt ourselves. We all split up and had a great time. Heidi and I would just take our time down different runs and practice different moves. We would run into the others once in a while but not often. We pretended to know how to jump off little bumps, but if you saw what we were doing you would laugh. It was hilarious. I have a couple of pictures because Jeff had the camera most of the time. We will have to get more pictures of our actual skills the next time around. We will be up there for 1 week straight for the McCall Winter Festival in January! Until then...

My dad and brother in law Ren, all getting ready to go.

My brother Brent. He cracks us all up. He bought this new snowboarding get up that is gold and white in color. The helmet is this chrome color and we could spot him from afar easily with the color of his goggles. The bottom of his board also has brass knuckles embedded on both ends. Can we say, Pimp My Snowboard or what.

I am so not sure why I look like this. All that I know is that my sister had already put on her gloves, so I had to put the car keys in her coat pocket, zip up her coat, I think that I may have also buckled her helmet on. We had so much fun together.

5 clever remarks:

mandbrid said...

Wow...Kristi. That looks like so much fun...Maybe in 15 years or so I can join you! ;-)

Shelley said...

WOW Kristi,

Sounded like you had a lot of fun! I'd love to do that one day. I could go to the western side of NC to do that, but that's about an 7 hours drive. It might be worth it. :)

The Woods said...

What cute little snow bunnies you are.

The Woods said...

What cute little snow bunnies you are.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend Kristi. Being up there during the festival will be great too. How often do your parents get the timeshare? Oh yeah, I snowboard the same way you and Heidi do and still have a lot of fun.