Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Here Comes Santa Claus!


Each year, our community puts on a Christmas Night Light Parade. It is SO much fun. Very different from the traditional parades in the afternoon. With Christmas lights everywhere, the floats are fancier looking and bright. In the afternoon, the fire department hosts an open house at the station. This is where you can meet Santa, have your picture taken and enjoy treats at no cost. I am all for that. Last year Gunnar was not entirely sure what to think. This year he immediately knew that Santa was not his thing. I just love this picture. Jeff did not want me to take it but I told him that we had to document his Santa experience not matter how he felt.










Here are a couple of pictures of us at the parade. The town has their big Christmas tree and then they have fire barrels around the plaza area. They also had live music playing. We did not watch the parade from there. There were so many people in that one spot. We just walked that way to see what was going on. Some families bring BBQ's or hot chocolate along to make it a big ordeal. They hand out so much candy throughout the night and everyone gets involved. This community has been so much fun to be a part of.

Look how teeny he is compared to just the base of this tree.



4 clever remarks:

The Woods said...

Hey Kristi! It's Kayla. I can't believe how big Gunnar is getting! Is there going to be another one any time soon? I miss all of you guys. I think we're going to come see Heidi and your family on Christmas night. Maybe I'll get to see you too. Our blog address is www.woodbunch.blogspot.com.

Amber H. said...

How fun that lights show looks Kristi! I wish they did something like that here! Congrats on getting your blog all fun and pretty! Now you will be going crazy with it I'm sure. It's so fun once you learn how! I'm glad that site worked for you :o)

Kimberly said...

We just took Bailey to see Santa and it was the same thing with her. I couldn't stop laughing! I'm such a mean mom!

Shelley said...

That's a huge Christmas tree!! Should take it home ;)