Sunday, March 2, 2008

First Hula Performance


For those of you that live in the Treasure Valley, I just wanted to inform you of our Halau's first hula performance. What a frightening experience! We are performing three dances and I am so worried on one of them. It is the one that we learned last. This performance is a fundraiser for Middleton High School. For those of you not from around here, a big portion of the school burned down about a year or two ago. We were invited to perform. There will also be little keikis (kids) from our group too. The date is March 15th. The luau is from 5pm to 8pm and we perform at 6pm. It does not cost anything to watch. However it costs $15 if you want to eat. They will be serving chicken, beef, kalua pork (yummy), fried rice, macaroni salad, dessert and drink (there may be rolls too but can't remember). You can buy the tickets at the door.


I am nervous and excited at the same time. We have three costume changes. My mom is sewing all of ours (mine and my 2 sisters-Thanks Mom!). I will definately have pictures of it up here afterwards. There are about 12 of us in the adult group and about 10 or so little kids. It should be fun!

6 clever remarks:

Kimberly said...

So I didn't have time to comment on your entry about Mindy's wedding dress, but were you announcing for you or heidi that you would need a maternity bridesmaid dress? hehe

The Woods said...

I wish I could be there. I would love to see that! Plus the food sounds divine.

Amber H. said...

Oooh that sounds so fun! You will do awesome! And I'm so hungry and that food sounds amazing! I can't wait to see the after pictures and the costumes. How fun that your mom can make them for you!

mandbrid said...

It sounds like a lot of fun! Tony and I will have to look into going...

Shelley said...

Too bad I don't like in your area. I'd love to see you Hula! You'll do just fine! Can't wait to see your photos. :)

Camille said...

Woohoo! Good Luck, You'll do awesome.