Saturday, March 29, 2008

Gunnar's New Bike

For Easter, Gunnar got a new bike from his Grandma Miller. Honestly I had no idea they came that small. I mean this thing is SO small. It is a teeny Huffy Rocket as the stickers state. She picked it up from Deseret Industries (thrift store) for like $2! What a bargain! What two year old really needs a new bike anyway. This one already has the little training wheels on it. Maybe they don't come off and the bike just came that way. I really have no idea. I haven't checked that out yet. Anyway, Gunnar just really likes to take it out and look at it or sit at it. He really likes it if we push it. Trust me, I will not be doing that forever. Today he wanted to take it out while we were doing yard work. We made him get his helmet on too. Okay, so about the helmet. It is the cutest thing too. It is so small and just cute. It has puppies and kitties all over it. When he was old enough to go in the bike trailer (12 months) I was determined to get him a helmet for safety. Do you know how hard it is to get a helmet that small. Pretty hard! But trusty Ebay came to my rescue and I found one that was perfect (after a lot of research that is).

Jeff is pretty determined to make little blocks for the pedals so that he can reach them better. He really is only about an inch or two until he can reach and probably start making the bike go.

He is so handsome! He is the cutest, funniest thing ever. I didn't know being a mom was this great!

4 clever remarks:

Shelley said...

He looked so cute on his tiny bike! Soon or later, you won't be able to catch up withi him.

Camille said...

Oh, I bet he feels like such a big boy now!

Amber H. said...

How cute is that tiny little bike! And hooray for ebay to save you in the helmet department. I swear people are missing out that don't shop there!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.