Monday, March 24, 2008

I HATE CAVITIES!!


As I write these posts, my mouth is not a happy camper. A couple of weeks ago, I had my first appointment in 2.5 years. I had 5 cavities and 3 of them needed taken care of. So today I went to get them filled. I forgot what this was like. As a child, I would have a cavity or have to have a tooth pulled every time. I developed a mild dislike for dentists. After having no problems for the last 7 years, I forgot what it was like to have work done. My mouth is uncomfortable, extremely numb, and not happy.
Jeff went to the dentist last week for the 1st time in 9 years. He only has three cavities that will be taken care of next week. The dentist and hygienist were absolutely amazed that his mouth was not worse. Jeff is not even anal about taking care of his teeth. When you don't have insurance, it is really tough to get to the dentist on a regular basis. Thank goodness all of these problems are getting taken care of.

4 clever remarks:

Camille said...

Oh I feel for you! I think I have a cavity, and I am DREADING going to the dentist. My mouth is so sensative during pregnancy that it's like going to an iraqi tourture camp...

Where they give you anesthesia first....

Well okay so maybe its not that bad, but it is BAD. :)

Amber H. said...

Yuck! I HATE going to the dentist! It's so miserable, and the awful thing is, you can't ignore it. If you don't go, it just gets worse! A few years ago I was chewing gum and all of a sudden, crunch crunch! A piece of my tooth had broken off. It turns out I had about 6 cavities...the first I had ever had! We didn't have insurance either at the time and it was a miserable experience to get them all filled! Yuck! I feel for you :o) Good luck!

Shelley said...

Oh Boy! I'm starting to cut back on soda, I used to drink 1 can a day, but I'm only drinking it once a week. Still not good enough, but I'm cutting back.

Good luck with getting rid of those cavities.

mandbrid said...

Ahhhh Kristi...Good luck with your visit to the dentist. I'm one of those lucky people who have never had a cavity - but I did endure having teeth pulled, wisdom teeth dug out (without anesthesia), and braces...so I feel for you!