Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Etsy here I come

As of about a month ago, I decided to leave the Pocket Full of Papers Design Team that I was a part of on Ebay. I love that team and the wonderful, talented group of ladies in it. They are all so great in their own ways. There were about 13 of us, so we got to know each other pretty well. We were scattered across the US and Canada. I have learned so much being a part of the group. They have all taught me so much. I will greatly miss them all.

The thing was that I no longer had the desire or drive to keep up with the incredibly basic listing requirements. I just couldn't, thus letting the team down in that regard. I definately didn't let them down socially as I loved to chat. However the group is more than that and they deserve members that are active in listing too. I also needed to simplify my life. The emphasis in church and just in general right now seems to be simply and that is what I have done. Not being such an intregal part of the group has freed up so much time. It has been so unbelievable to me. I feel freedom to create when I want, to not create if I want.

About the same time, I really started checking out Etsy. I have found it to be a most unique place of handmade anything. People across the work are just straight out talented. Things that are there just amaze me. So anyway, I have "opened" an Etsy "store". It has been a lot of fun to put things in there and to also check things out from other buyers. It has allowed me a lot of freedom in making and selling when I want to.

One of the items that will be in there soon, are granite coaster sets and trivets. Jeff has the ability to cut them to size and finish the edges. They are awesome. A couple of years ago, we gave them as gifts. Boy are they handy and look so nice. We have two trivets now and use them almost daily. Can't say enough of these little guys. We hope to get them on there soon...and so many neat colors...I can't even decide what to start with.

Other things that I have listed are, of course, my scrapbook items but I started to made contoured flannel burp cloths. I love these little guys. They are so handy and the shape is great. I love working with the fun patterns.

Anyway, check out my shop here and browse through the other neat things too.

7 clever remarks:

mandbrid said...

I got four of Kristi's handmade burp cloths as a gift today...THANK YOU! They are so cute and I'm sure will come in very handy...You're a sweetheart!

Amanda said...

Hi Kristi! I looked at your shop and all of your things are so neat. You do such a good job. I have considered selling things on there also. I have an account, but haven't done anything yet. Good Luck. I hope it works out well for you!

Camille said...

I love Etsy! AS soon as I'm back into selling I'll be sure to see you there.

Stacey said...

I love etsy. I am working on quite a few things to open up a shop too. Yours has some great stuff on it!!

Amber H. said...

So how often do you sell things on there? Is it hard for people to find your stuff? I'm thinking it might be a good place for me, but I want a few more details about it if you don't mind! So have you left PFOP yet? Just get ready for withdrawls if you haven't already! I'm missing the fun conversations for sure!

Brittney said...

Yeah!! Hopefully we'll do well although I have heard you need to add things often and add your link to every email and such to get people to look at your stuff. My girlfriend hasn't had much luck but most of her stuff is custom made so we'll just have to see. Many people have had success with it so I hope we do too! You know they have this little mini gallery that you can embed in your blog. You should do it to help with exposure!

Shauna said...

Your stuff on etsy looks great. You are very creative. I just tend to do things for fun...but that's awesome that you can make some extra money by doing what you love and not have to be rushed.