Monday, April 21, 2008

Today was Gunnar's 2 year old checkup. He is growing like a weed. He weighed in at 26lbs (25th percentile) and 35.5 inches tall (75th percentile). He was like in the 25th percentile for heighth at his 18 month checkup. He had a HUGE growth spurt. The last couple of days he has been waking up screaming and crying in the middle of the night. I thought that he was having night terrors or growing pains in his legs but I knew that he was going to this appointment and didn't think more of it. Today I asked Dr. Augustus what it could be and he agreed with me on what I thought it could be. He started to routinely check his ears and mouth. When he checked Gunnar's mouth he spotted the problem. He has two huge molars coming in. Pour thing, they must hurt. So our problem is solved. Luckily for him, he had all of his immunizations done last time and we were free and clear to go.

3 clever remarks:

Jenn said...

Wow! He did have a growth spurt. I have been told the two year molars are painful... I can't seem to remember getting mine. =)

Amber H. said...

I was lucky with all of my kids, that teething was never a big deal. Poor little guy! Sounds like an awful ordeal for him! What a growth spurt he's gone though though! Wow!

Camille said...

Noah use to constantly get the growing pains in his legs. Drinking milk for calcium and bananna's for potassium seem to really help him.

Hope the teeth come in quickly. poor guy..