Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"It's Pritty"

Gunnar was so in trouble last night and no I did not get pictures. I was on the couch watching TV and Jeff was in the kitchen cleaning out a couple of dutch ovens. Gunnar was just playing around Jeff in the kitchen. All of a sudden I hear him yell at me really. Gunnar had taken a black permanent marker from the drawer in the kitchen and decided to color on the lower cabinets. Thankfully Jeff caught him when he did one little doodle on one cabinet and then a littler one on the next. While we were scrubbing it off, Gunnar kept pointing to his masterpiece and saying, "It's Pritty." Uh no, it's naughty. Jeff said that I should have taken a picture but we were in such a hurry to get it off.
On a different note, Monday Jeff to Gunnar with him after work to get gas in the car and oil for the car. He came back exhausted. He said that Gunnar was trying to get in and out of the cart constantly and he was angry and cranky (he didn't get a nap that day) the entire time. He asked me how I do it because it just wore him out. Boy was I thankful for that experience. He now understands what I am trying to explain to him sometimes or why I am tired from the day. Jeff has been such a great dad and husband. He really does try to help me out by letting me go to the store for milk after he gets home so I can have a break, etc. I actually really like this. It is SO nice to go to the store and not have to reach back into the car for a child. Anyway, I am thankful for Jeff's thoughtful that he displays daily.

4 clever remarks:

Amber H. said...

What is it with kids and PERMANENT markers? I have something Morgan did with them that I'm going to be posting in the next few days...I'm glad you caught him before it was too late! Yikes! And yes, it is SO nice to have an understanding husband. I don't know what I would do without mine! I have too many friends who's hubby's just don't understand, or try for that matter, so I consider it a blessing that mine is!

Camille said...

When Noah and Jennica and Aaron were little they all had a turn with permanent markers! Noah did the kitchen floor, Jennica did the coffee table, and Aaron did the office doors. Luckily we moved, and rfinished the coffee table, so now the only evidence is the office doors.... We do have more paint in the garage, but I think I'll wait till Aaron is a little bit older.

mandbrid said...

Little stinker! I don't mine have markered the walls yet but I'm constantly finding crayon and colored pencil markings all over the house...Oh, to have the energy to clean them up!

The Woods said...

I know how you feel!!