Monday, May 12, 2008

We love you!

Sunday we all decided to have a breakfast before my dad officially left for the airport. Because of Mother's Day, nobody had early meetings for church so it was great.

I could not have asked for a better dad. He has taught all of us so much. He is such a strong person. I learned the value of service and hard work from him. He is also such a great friend to so many people. The older I get the more I learn from my parents and the more I understand why they did certain things. Now that I am a mom I also understand the love that they have for all of us. It is huge.

Gunnar is helping Grandpa finish with packing.

I am pretty sure Gunnar is talking to Grandpa about birds. They put up this great birdfeeder last week and it is attracting so many birds. Gunnar loves it.

Grandpa and Gunnar playing with a motorcycle. Gunnar is quickly becoming obsessed with toy cars like his grandpa.
This is probably one of my most absolute favorite pictures. My dad was teaching him all of these silly faces and I managed to actually get a really good one. They are SO silly!
This picture is also really cute.
I just had to put this picture on here. Mindy is so beautiful! Her eyes are so georgous and she takes great pictures. She is going to be such a beautiful bride in September.
One of the last things that my dad said to me was that he was going to be checking my blog all of the time. More reason to update it. Doing this has become more important to me so if some of these posts seem so random, you will understand that they are for my dad. He said that he already knew that he would be reading about him leaving this week. He was right. We love you dad!

5 clever remarks:

Shelley said...

You Dad lookes so young! I love the silly photo, so cute!

Camille said...

That's great.. What your dad is doing. I hope he will be safe and everything will go as planned. God Bless him.

Kris Berc said...

Wow those are such great pictures of Gunnar and his Grandpa!

Amber H. said...

How sad that your dad is going to be gone for so long! It sounds like you are close, so I hope it isn't too hard on you guys! How nice to have all of those great pictures together for memories though! They are all wonderful :o)

Kimberly said...

That's so sad he's going to be gone for so long! It seems like he's been over there so much! Tell your mom that my mom lives alone most of the time, so if she feels like doing ANYTHING I'm sure my mom would be excited!