Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Working Away

So right now I am sitting at a desk working away for the agency that I worked for prior to staying home with Gunnar. They have been so good to me and think of me first to fill in. I actually worked for the main office in Boise. They have 7 different smaller, satellite offices around the state known as Resource and Referral offices. The one for the region where I live is down the road. When I quit working they immediately started using me as a fill in about once a year when the statewide conference would happen in the fall. You may be thinking, it's spring. They ended up having extra funds, so they called another state wide conference. So here I am. They are usually about 2.5 or so days long. Nothing really crazy happens. The plus side for me and this office is that I know a lot of the answers and ways to complete the work unlike other temps that don't know and just take messages. My super good friend Shelly watches Gunnar while I do this. She has been so great. Her son Dylan who just turned 4 loves playing with Gunnar and Gunnar the same with him. It is actually quite funny. Today Jeff stayed home because he was not feeling up to par so Gunnar will get daddy time all day. It should be pretty interesting to hear how the day went. What are the odds of this coming up and Jeff deciding to stay home. Pretty slim. So he should be able to feel how it is to be with a toddler for an entire day straight with no other adult in site. Jeff is such a good, interactive dad that I don't think that he will have a problem. The only downside to all of this is that I wish that I had my computer sitting here so I can work on digital scrapbooking or something along those lines. :) Oh well!

2 clever remarks:

Camille said...

That's nice, a little extra spendng money. woohoo!

mandbrid said...

It's always nice to get out and feel like a grown up once in awhile, eh? Hope you have fun!