Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I just thought that I would post a quick thing about the fathers in my life. I would like to wish my own dad a Happy Father's Day. I made this scrapbook page recently of him and Gunnar and love it. This is my dad. He is so silly yet serious and responsible when he needs to be. He always worked super hard at providing for our family growing up. We always had all that we needed. I never felt that I went without as a kid. He is so full of love for others. He is a friend to all. I don't know anyone that did not come to my parents house and leave feeling unwelcomed. Everyone was welcome. I love getting his phone calls from Iraq. I feel lucky that I am the one that he knows he can reach pretty much anytime throughout the day. Gunnar also loves talking to his grandpa and we can't wait to see him with the year again.

Jeff is the best daddy any kid could ask for. He is a hands on father and not a dad that states that he babysits his own kids. It drives me insane when I hear dads say that. He is a super hard worker to make sure that we are taken care of. He takes time for Gunnar each week and makes sure that he spends quality time with him so that I can have a little break from him. I love that. He lets Gunnar help out in whatever he is doing even if it takes twice as long to get it done. Gunnar knows that his daddy loves him and will do anything to make sure that he is taken care of. I think that is important. So Happy Father's Day to all of the dads and future dads out there.

2 clever remarks:

Zoe said...

I love to hear about dad's being dad's!!! Your right though there are alot of useless dad's out there! good job we both have the good one's!

Kris Berc said...

Wow more awesome digital pages!! I haven't given that a try yet, and although I'd like to, I'm afraid to, because I simply don't have time for another addiction!!