Monday, July 21, 2008

I love a good garden



Our garden is crazy and out of control. The plants are so BIG and everywhere. We are harvesting zucchini and squash about every other day and eating it about the same. We have given quite a bit already and I can see that it is just the beginning. One of the fun things that we have been able to harvest are the purple peppers. They are the coolest things. They are a dark purple on the outside and the traditional green on the inside. Very cool!
Gunnar gets quite excited to help out in the garden. As you can see, he picked a small green tomato without us really paying attention. He also likes to nibble on the vegetables for some reason. He has been great at eating them. I am so proud of him. He loves the squash and believe it or not, I do too. I still am not a big fan of the zucchini unless it is in the bread.

3 clever remarks:

Amber H. said...

That pepper is awesome! Do they taste different than the green? I'm also with you on the zucchini bread...yum!

Orton Family said...

Way to go Millers! How did you get your peppers to grow so big? Mine just look like miniatures. Do I need more fertilizer? Water? Sun?

Good work gardening and we are glad Gunner likes his veggies!

Camille said...

That purple pepper looks awesome. My garden is still quite a bit behind yours... but it's getting there!