Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Isn't She Lovely...

Okay so I am just warning all of you now. This particular post may get a little long and there are lots of pictures. But then again who doesn't like looking at pictures of a fun, pretty wedding. This is also for my dad with narration.

The super pretty park pictures were taking before the days events. We were there at 9am and it was super COLD. The lighting is absolutely beautiful but don't let it fool you. The photographer also did my sister's wedding and we know them both well. They are so good at what they do. The best part is that Glenna takes the pictures while Ryan videos the entire day. We have yet to see the video but they do such a great job and always have a bloopers section at the end which is great. Anyway... these are pictures of Mindy (my sister) and Dan (my brother in law). They just look so great. The funny thing about Dan is that he was planning on wearing a hodge podge of things. When we showed him Gunnar's suit, he wanted one exactly like that. Mindy and I looked every where in town and online. She ended up winning an authentic 3 piece suit on Ebay straight from the olden days. It was amazingly his size. He looked so much better than what he planned on wearing. I really like this black and white picture of them together. Gunnar was such a stinker during picture time. Families pictures were a stretch. We just got sooo lucky to have the family picture on the top of my blog turn out so well. You would not believe what it took to get it. My mom and one of the groomsmen were making all sorts of silly animal sounds, etc to get him to laugh. It worked thank goodness. A lot of people think that the three of us look like triplets. What do you think? I don't see it but then again I have lived with them in my life for 28 years. Dan had two of his buddies as groomsmen. They were pretty fun to get to know. These are all of the bridesmaids. It is a pretty cute picture. The one in the green is Dan's little sister and the other in the blue is a friend. It was a lot of fun to be dressed up. Doesn't happen very often now. You can see that Heidi and I wore little jackets for obvious reasons. My mom made all of the dresses. We wanted something that would accomodate Heidi and I if we became pregnant but that never happened.Okay so Glenna told us to be serious/sexy. This is what happened. Are you kidding me, that is aweful but funny. My serious = ticked looking. When we get a family picture done we get really excited because we think that we have everyone. Then we always realize that there is one person missing. Usually it is my brother, this time it is my dad. The last time that we had a picture with my parents and all kids was 1996. I was 16 years old. We are way overdue for an updated picture. The plan is Brent's wedding and it will literally be all of us. I like this picture of siblings. This is all of us. We are, oldest to youngest, 5 years apart. I am the oldest and Mindy the youngest. I just love them so much. What a great opportunity for personal pictures. We insisted on getting a Miller family picture. We had one when Heidi was married 2 years ago and that was the last. Brent and Noelle also took the opportunity because my mom wanted a picture of them together for her house. Gunnar is so in love with his aunties and No-No is no different. He just loves her. We also really like her and she fits into the family so perfectly. Sadly, Heidi and Ren were ushered from the park by my mom and missed the opportunity. Heidi was so bummed. They even bought Ren a brown matching shirt for the occassion. We had to wait, hidden for quite some time before the actual ceremony. In the Linen Building, there is this really cool hang out place overlooking the main area below. Gunnar and Mindy decided to take a break. They were both on different couches. They are so funny.Mindy's table decorations were based upon a much larger display of Tootsie Pops found in a really modern hotel in Portland. We got to put them all together. The bridesmaids were then gifted a set of 3 hurricanes (they were all different sizes). Heidi made the cake herself. She has been practicing the fondant since January. The bottom three layers are actually styrofoam. The day before when were were decorating, the cake was being set up. Gunnar thought that it would be a great idea to touch it when no one was looking. He poked a hole in the top. It really was quite funny and it was fixable. (As I was adding this picture, Gunnar must really remember the incident because he told me he pocked it without being prompted about it.) Heidi just made another dot that night and added it the next morning.For the guests, Mindy had cheesecake with different toppings done through the caterers. The bridal party went down this staircase. It was actually really neat and pretty. Jeff was the one to take Mindy down. When she lived with us, they both became pretty close.Gunnar took so long to go down these stairs during rehearsal so he started at the bottom. He was less than great. He was so not into it. It was a huge struggle just getting him in his suit that morning. I had candy hidden with me up front but that still didn't work. If he could be silly on his own, he is fine. If he is forced into the spotlight, he gets embarrassed. My mom had to get up and rescue the kid. Mindy looks so happy now that she is officially married. I like this candid shot. Mindy performed a wedding hula for everyone. She did such a fantastic job! There was one spot that she forgot the moves and pretended to pull up her dress. It totally worked. She looked so beautiful. We also had good food catered by Kanak Attack. They danced the money dance and received lots of cash and Mindy threw the bouquet. It was cute because a little girl that she used to babysit years ago caught it. She was so excited and shared flowers with her sister. A tradition that we have done since I got married was that the 3 of us would sit on a park style bench. We couldn't go without it this time. We all of our pictures framed in our houses. It is really fun to look back. Thank you Mindy and Dan for sharing your day with us. We had so much fun. It was great to have lots of family and friends around. I just love my family so much. We are so incredibly close and I would not want it any other way. We sure miss our dad and wish that he was there with us but he was definately there in spirit and just a phone call away. He timed it just right that he called after the reception. It was perfect. We sure love you guys!

10 clever remarks:

Stacey said...

I love her colors! I loved all of the pictures. I was sad that the cake one wouldn't enlarge so you could see it up close!! It turned out great!! What a fun day! Gunnar looks so cute in his suit too!

Rachel said...

Sounds like you guys had an AWESOME time! And the pictures are so pretty!!! I really liked the idea for your bridesmaid dresses. They look great with the sweaters!

And great Miller family picture at the top! You guys look great!

The Woods said...

I have been waiting for pictures! You all look so good. Looks like it was a special day. I can't believe that Heidi made that cake.

Amanda said...

Everything looks so beautiful. I Love the colors. So bright and fun! Your dresses are very pretty! Your mom did a good job! What a fun day!

Hannah said...

What a beautiful wedding! You all look so great. The brown suits look so good with your dresses. Gunnar is such a character!

Kimberly said...

Just like Kayla I have seriously been checking your blog a couple times a day because I knew you would post pictures sometime! You guys look so beautiful!

Camille said...

What a beautiful wedding! Youre family picture turned out so well. I love the colors and all the details... tha cake! wow. The dresses... even the groooms suit looks so awesome and fits the style so well. Gunner's suit is to die for..

Anonymous said...

Yep, what a fun wedding! The best wedding ever if you ask me :) Thanks for making everything perfect for my wedding day! I love you guys

Kris Berc said...

Wow those are great pictures! All of the dresses are beautiful... love those colors together. Gunnar is an absolute doll!

Zoe said...

Aww Gunnar is gonna be a heartbreaker! What a fun wedding!