Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Easter Bunny is Coming to Town...

Oh wait...that is Christmas. Ooops, however it does feel like s super mini Christmas sometimes anyway. Our ward starts at 9am and Jeff always has early morning meetings as part of his calling. They did not cancel meetings this day, I am sure, because of General Conference and then stake conference this coming weekend. Anyway, my plan was to delay the basket surprise until after church. The night before I hid several eggs around the house, including his bedroom. He immediately woke up, spotted an egg, and knew the hunt was on. He was going through the house like wild fire. He spotted one on the drum set in the front room and some how almost missed his basket entirely. I would have been thrilled if he missed it but he quickly backed up and forged ahead. This year he got a bucke of playdough and supplies, a puzzle set and the CARS Dinico helicopter. He was thrilled. He also found the 2 special silver/gold eggs. They each had a dollar in them. No cutsie pictures of an Easter outfit because there wasn't one. His suit from Mindy's wedding still fits. I figured that I will plan on getting him a new suit each Easter/birthday as he grows. Doesn't that sound like a nice tradition for him. Any future sons will just have to do with hand me downs.

2 clever remarks:

Hannah said...

He is such a cutie! You won the tile over at my giveaway! Congrats.

Megan and Greg said...

That IS a good idea with the suits. I love it!

Man, that pay cut thing STINKS!!! I've never heard of a pay CUT before, just raises- wierd. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Have I ever mentioned I love the music on your blog. It is SO soothing. I swear my body just relaxes when I get on here. I always think, "I need to write down these songs and get them!" But then I don't.