Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Open WIDE

I didn't get any pictures. I didn't think anything would be different about this visit but I was wrong. My boy is growing up. I was so excited. Today Gunnar had his 6 month happy visit at the dentist. So I thought. The last two that he had been two were just checking things out and getting aquainted. He was frightened with the chair going up and down, he wouldn't lay back in the chair. He just wasn't thrilled.

Today he was pumped! He was ready. A few weeks ago, a dentist showed up at Heidi's work to talk to the kids. Gunnar was pretty thrilled and excited about it. He constantly talks about it and shows me how to brush teeth. Anyway, today he jumped right in the chair. Let the hygeinist put the little paper around his neck. He let her lay the chair down. He opened his mouth wide to let her count his teeth. Then he amazingly let her polish his teeth. He also let her use the water thingy and sucking thingy. He loved it. He even loved putting his lips around the sucky thingy. It was great. He got a Sally (from CARS) toothbrush which she put the foam stuff on and brushed it on his teeth. He was amazingly good. The hygeinist mentioned that he was the youngest kid that she has ever been able to do the entire drill on. I was so proud. In October at our appointment, we are going to try to get x-rays done. My little boy is growing up.

3 clever remarks:

Rachel said...

That's awesome! The first memory I have of a dentist's office is of the weird, realistic jungle wallpaper he had on the wall opposite of the chair and the ceiling.

Lizzie said...

This just makes me feel bad Kristi!! I've never taken either one of my kids to the dentist. It scares the crap out of me. (maybe because ME going to the dentist scares the crap out of me). Every year around October when we pick our insurance year, Shad says, "And why do we have Dental insurance Lizzie??" I respond, "Well, just in case...you know." = )

So, bottom line, way to go. = )

Jenn said...

What a brave boy!!