Saturday, July 18, 2009

What a Brave Little Boy

Tonight we had our ward party. We had a potluck dinner and then the entire community pool was rented just for us. It was so much fun! We put a life jacket on Gunnar and off he went. He went down the little slide in the shallow end, worked his way up to the bigger slide in the deep end. And then by the end of the night he jumped off the diving board all by himself. Since he had the life jacket on, he didn't even care if he was caught or not by us. About the 3rd time off the diving board, he was jumping to get a little air. This kid cracked me up. He easily kicked his feet but he wouldn't move his arms. So it took all of his might to get places but he did it with tons of determination. It was really nice to have him in the water with us but not have him constantly hanging on us. We had a little freedom. It was great. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures because Jeff and I were both in the pool. You will have to trust me on the slide and, the biggest, the diving board.

5 clever remarks:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just blog hopping tonight and found yours. Your design is so cute and what a great picture.
I have enjoyed reading it.. I love seeing all the different blog designs. Have a Happy Sunday!

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

7packofbearss said...

What a funny little boy. A little freedom is always nice. Thank heavens for life jackets.

HeidiT said...

I was just telling Ren when we went boating this week that Gunnar will move his little legs and float by me in the pool at work and say "Heidi, Heidi look I'm swimming!" It's hilarious because he barely moves.
I'm sure he was going just wild with the slides and stuff, he's come a long ways from just sitting on the stairs at our pool.

Amber H. said...

Isn't it great when kids reach the more independant stage? It gives you a world of freedom in the pool! For a while there I forgot that swimming was fun, until my kids got brave enough with their floaties! I'm glad you have reached the same point!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Gunnar is so cute! How are you? I hope well. OK I have a a question for you... I want to learn how to coupon, how do you do it? I have seen so many comments on your page and Heidi's and Mindy's with all the deals you score. Now I kinda want to start. Will you let me in on the secret??? I hope life is great for you and the whole family. Have a great weekend!